• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help!

My cat meow meow is old. She has been around for 8 years. But today she was laying in the floor front legs crossed on her side. All of a sudden front legs began twitching and she had a blank stare on her face, and did not respond to my talking to her. I think it was a small seizure as this has happened twice since 6. Vets are closed now but going first ting in the am. But can someone tell me what may be going on. My husband doesn't think its a seizure but I do.

My cat meow meow is old. She has been around for 8 years. But today she was laying in the floor front legs crossed on her side. All of a sudden front legs began twitching and she had a blank stare on her face, and did not respond to my talking to her. I think it was a small seizure as this has happened twice since 6. Vets are closed now but going first ting in the am. But can someone tell me what may be going on. My husband doesn't think its a seizure but I do.

I am sorry but it's impossible to say what may have occurred just from a description posted online. It may have been a seizure of some sort and you are doing the right thing by getting her to a Vet for a full examination. Hopefully the Vet will be able to ascertain what is going on and provide Meow Meow with any treatment deemed to be necessary.

I hope that your Cat will be OK xx

You may be right and it's a seizure. Let us know how you get on at the vet and good luck! x

It does sound like a seizure. Your vet can do a specific blood test for fainting, fitting etc. My cat Chopper who passed away last december had seizures and after blood tests he was put on a steroid tablet which did keep him going without the seizures for a good couple of years. After ruling out epilepsy and the fact the steroid tablets stopped the seizures it was decided something was going on in his brain...maybe a tumour? If you can I would record the episode. I did this and showed my vet who confirmed it was a seizure. I hope the vet can give you a diagnosis and he gets the treatment he needs...good luck

Well it turns out the flea spray I have been using on her, hartz flea spray for cats has messed with her central nervous system. We just brought her home today. But after the vet examined her, as well as many tests later he asked what I used to help with fleas. I told him and he informed me that the hartz flea spray has caused damage to the CNS. GHe said not all cats experience this, just ones with sensitive systems. So he has given her some medication to help with them, but said that the seizures will be present for the rest of her life due to the damage to her CNS. Its caused some blindness, and her balance is off some. But she came home and wanted to play and cuddle. So maybe she will have a few more years with us, maybe more.

Well it turns out the flea spray I have been using on her, hartz flea spray for cats has messed with her central nervous system. We just brought her home today. But after the vet examined her, as well as many tests later he asked what I used to help with fleas. I told him and he informed me that the hartz flea spray has caused damage to the CNS. GHe said not all cats experience this, just ones with sensitive systems. So he has given her some medication to help with them, but said that the seizures will be present for the rest of her life due to the damage to her CNS. Its caused some blindness, and her balance is off some. But she came home and wanted to play and cuddle. So maybe she will have a few more years with us, maybe more.

I hope it's better news than this in actual fact. No one can predict the future, even the best vet in all the world!

What medication did he give her?

Fingers crossed!

I really dislike flea spray and vets don't recommend it. Can you get Advocate drops from your vet?

oh gosh....how awful I hope meow meow recovers ok. I wonder if it's like the bob martin products. They are renown for causing terrible problems yet the products are still for sale all over the place.

Back