• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do now?

weeble

My beautiful Bella bun was pts tonight and I now have her sister Chloe on her own and fudge and evie together as a pair

ideally I would try to bond them as a trio but I tried a quad earlier this year and after a week of things going well Chloe tore chunks out of evie and I separated them

my options are a trying the bond again. b finding a partner for Chloe which isn't ideal as I would like to get down to just one pair eventually or c keep Chloe as a single

What would you guys do? Would you risk trying to bond?

Sorry you have lost Bella. I would find a partner for Chloe if were me :). The fact that Chloe attacked Evie before could mean she would do it again.

I'm inclined to agree to be honest. The only reason I thought about trying again is that is was early spring when it happened so probably not the best time to try a bond. I dont know if giving Chloe a few weeks on her own would help or make her more set in her ways.

I would also want a similar aged boy bun for her and there aren't many, I am going to go for a nose in RIN

I agree. My Ginny lost her sister and male hutch mate last year and she stopped eating. Ginny was 7 yrs old. We rang the rspca and asked if they had a suitable bunny who I could pair up with my elderly girl. They found Widget for me. He was very laid back and easy going, he was thought to be about 2yrs old. He had been 'seized by the Inspector'. After careful, slow and gentle introductions over about 2 weeks, I let them out together. 10 minutes at first until they went to sleep in one hutch together. At first Ginny was a bit shocked at how fast and bouncy he was but they are now a very happy couple. I'm so pleased I adopted him, she loves him.

Back