• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes needed please... Update - We have poo!!!!

ninny40

Mama Doe
Please can I have some RU vibes for my poor Bailey, who is in full blown stasis? Had the most horrendous emergency vet appointment last night for a pain killing injection and more meds. Vet was absolutely disgusting and I have reported her to my usual vet this morning who couldnt apologise more. Bailey had a big pile of grass on Saturday night, which unfortunately lead to a painful gas episode, which I didnt discover until yesterday morning. I gave him the usual treatment all day, but he was no better by the evening, hence the visit to the vile vet. I am hoping he pulls through and would so appreciate any spare vibes - thank you.

Last edited:
What an awful experience for you :( I'm sure an unhelpful vet was the last thing you needed.

Lots of vibes being sent, I hope Bailey picks up today xx

Thank you all. Still no output, but he is taking the odd bit of hay and dandelion. I am also syringe feeding. Praying for some poo soon...

It sounds like he is still trying, even if it is just a little bit of eating on his own. That is so important when they are ill. Once the syringe feeding moves things along and the gas calms down you should see some poos.
How is his drinking?
Is he getting any pain medication? It can make a huge difference.
What about gut motility agents? Some vets do not think they help, but I have used Metrocloprimide (Reglan) with excellent results. My opinion is it even helps them to pass the gas.
Some bunnies benefit from gentle massage on their tummy.

You may already know this, so I hope my suggestions have not offended you at this awful time.

Sending you and your bunny some vibes.

Sorry to read this today: what an awful experience for you :( It's bad enough when they won't eat without having a poor veterinary experience :S Hope things are good today!

Thank you everyone for your vibes - today we have poo!! Not a lot, but at least it has started and he has also had a couple of pellets from his bowl and is picking at his hay on his own. He had a Buprenorphine injection on Sunday night (by the horrible vet) and I think it really spaced him out. I've read it also slows the gut down, which obviously isn't great either, but it did help with the pain. He tends to eat a little and then is so tired he just has to lay down! Hopefully, he will continue to improve and be back to normal again. No more big piles of grass for him, although he loves it, I don't think it loves him! Thanks to everyone again for asking - the vibes have worked!

Thank you everyone for your vibes - today we have poo!! Not a lot, but at least it has started and he has also had a couple of pellets from his bowl and is picking at his hay on his own. He had a Buprenorphine injection on Sunday night (by the horrible vet) and I think it really spaced him out. I've read it also slows the gut down, which obviously isn't great either, but it did help with the pain. He tends to eat a little and then is so tired he just has to lay down! Hopefully, he will continue to improve and be back to normal again. No more big piles of grass for him, although he loves it, I don't think it loves him! Thanks to everyone again for asking - the vibes have worked!

Yay! RU vibes worked again :thumb:

Great update - more poos please Bailey!!

Back