• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pip again...possible stasis or bladder sludge issue U/D post #5 doing better

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Third time in two months she's had health issues. I was up all night last night with Jenna acting up...now this. No sleep for me again.
She's taken some peppermint tea by mouth and a little critical care but she's definitely off. Guess I'll be taking her in on another urgent care visit later this morning. (3 a.m. now)
Could I please beg some more vibes for both of us? I'm a zombie these days and I don't know if she'll survive another crisis so close to the last two. :( I know my cc won't.

Many thanks in advance. Sorry to be short but I'm on my mobile and it's a dodgy connection at best. :(

Last edited:
Third time in two months she's had health issues. I was up all night last night with Jenna acting up...now this. No sleep for me again.
She's taken some peppermint tea by mouth and a little critical care but she's definitely off. Guess I'll be taking her in on another urgent care visit later this morning. (3 a.m. now)
Could I please beg some more vibes for both of us? I'm a zombie these days and I don't know if she'll survive another crisis so close to the last two. :( I know my cc won't.

Many thanks in advance. Sorry to be short but I'm on my mobile and it's a dodgy connection at best. :(

Oh so sorry!!

Sending loads of vibes ... To both of you :love:

Oh no, poor girl :cry: Poor you too, it has been such a stressful few months for you with all that has been/is going on :cry: Millions of vibes being sent. I that at least Jenna has settled for now xx

Well sometime after 4 AM I was satisfied that she had taken enough Critical Care and tea to settle her down for the night. I set my alarm to wake me every two hours to check on her. Sometime between 4 and 7 this morning she ate her hay cube, left a smallish pile of odd shaped poos in her litterbox and was looking more comfortable and picking at her hay by the time I got up at 9.
She's now had her metacam (which she almost refused last night-a bad sign) some dandelion leaves and flowers and made another pile of poos, not huge amounts but better than I thought she would do. This could all be from food eaten earlier yesterday of course, but I'll be keeping a close eye on her except for when I have to jet to town to get some groceries for the family and some bunny supplies. My daughter should be up and about by then (she has terrible insomnia so is often abed till past noon) and she can watch over Pip for me.
At least this time I have forage I can use if she refuses hay. Last time the snow had melted off but nothing was growing. I don't want to give her too much, just enough to keep things moving, because other than dandelion leaves and flowers, she is not used to the long grass we have. Mimzy loves it, but I always worry about giving them too much for fear of bloating them.
She did pass some spots of sludge last night...only about dime sized...and as she got more fluid in the sludge began to thin. I really find it appalling how little water she drinks and survives on. And with our recent spate of hot weather, I guess she just becomes dehydrated and stays that way for long periods. I may have to start supplementing or sub q-ing fluids into her preemptively when the weather warms or the humidity drops. There was quite a bit of fur in her poos last night and yesterday, so I groomed her while I gave her tummy massage last night and a lot came off. Poor thing, she hides moults pretty well until the saddle begins to show, you really wouldn't know the fur is loose enough to swallow except for that the texture looks much too soft. Those areas come away really easily once you notice them.

I want to thank you all for your kind vibes. They certainly help both Pip and myself. There's nothing worse that realizing long after hours and far into the night that your bunny is unwell, and being the only one up to address the situation...it's good to know there's others out there thinking of you. :love:

Jane, thank you for asking about Jenna. She has been acting very strange lately, lots of getting up at night for no apparent reason than to wander and today she has some odd shaking going on that I've never seen her do before. Being a Yorkie, that usually means something is not right and so I have to watch her like a hawk too. :( Gah...there's no stress like sick animal stress! :shock:

Thinking of you too and all your porly ones. I really hope things improve for you and for them. xxxxx

Back