• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

, new bunny arriving this morning/ It's Bad/ photos/ UD 18th july

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Had a phone call from Otis's acupuncture vet on Friday.

She works at a number of practices and one has a 9 year old rabbit brought in a week previous with flystrike because she can't use her back legs and wasn't being kept clean. The vet wanted to pts but owner refused. Against the odds she has recovered. But the vets know if she goes back home the same thing will happen again. As owner is refusing to pts Sarah talked him into signing him over to us so at least she will be kept clean and dry rather than being dumped back out in a hutch.

With all we have to deal with here this is the very last thing we want to deal with but what choice do we have!

Steve has gone to collect her from the surgery now. I'm really nervous as to what we will find. But she obviously has a bit of fight in her if she has got this far.

Please wish us luck.......

Last edited:
Well done you to both of you, that is one lucky bunny. If I was nearer I would offer my help, hope bun is fairly easy to look after. Good luck xxxxx

Oh my goodness, poor little thing :(. I would love to make a donation to RR to help you out but I'm afraid I've recently had a £4,000 vet bill for Meggie's treatment so am on an economy drive at the moment. As soon as we're back in the black, I'll do something to help with the fabulous work you and Steve do.

Thanks Mackers. Our vet bill has been £3500 for the past six weeks so I completely understand.

Steve just a photo of her. She looks like super Timmy :)

Im so glad she will be safe in your care now.Shes one lucky bunny.Hope during her whole nine years she wasn't confined to the hutch.:shock:

She is here and OMG what a state :( and the smell is over powering :(

I honestly don't know how much we can do for her :(

Sending lots of coping vibes. Maybe when cleaned up and on a better diet she may keep cleaner.

I doubt it. None of her legs work properly. Tbh its a shame the owner didn't pts last week. It doesn't seem right to force her to go through what she has. But we are where we are so see what we can do.......

Poor bun :( it does sound rather dire.
She is in wonderful and capable hands with you and Steve though. I'm just sorry this comes on top of your other worries. :(
Many vibes coming your way. xxxxxxx

I haven't photographed underneath as she is stressed

9698976adbfe8b9935322758c1c5690f.jpg

40317fcb6a426f78ef26b2fea55bcff1.jpg

77833ff208ffe5c98773f0f867b78d38.jpg

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Oh God, the poor wee thing :shock:
A beautiful little harlequin (?) loppy though. She doesn't look 9 to me. :love:
Upping the vibes after seeing these photos. :( xxxxxxxxx

Poor little mite, shame on whoever let her get in that state. At least she'll get good care now, topping up healing vibes for her xxxx

Oh gosh how awful :cry: gorgeous girlie though, glad she's in the right hands now though Xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I know she hasn't been here long but from what I have seen so far I am seriously questioning her quality of life :( she needs to show me that she can do more than she is doing right now over the next couple of days.

I know she hasn't been here long but from what I have seen so far I am seriously questioning her quality of life :( she needs to show me that she can do more than she is doing right now over the next couple of days.

You are so right she looks like Super Timmy. Breaks your heart. You of all people will know if it's fair to keep her going or not Liz. I think it's good she has a chance but I also know you will make the best decision for her.

Quality of life is everything and you usually know when it's not enough - I trust your judgment - and wouldn't bring bunnies to you if I didn't.

I hope she can have some quality time with you however long that might be.

Back