• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse interiors

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
Hi all.Im having a playhouse built by a clever carpenter friend for one of my buns and his future wife.It will be 5.5ft x 3ft with a run attached.

Im thinking about what to do with the inside to make it interesting for them while its being built.As its not a particularly big space(although they will have 24/7 access to their run)Im thinking about multi-levels too.

Can I ask if I can see the inside of any RU playhouses for ideas?RUers always have such good ideas.:)

It sounds lovely :love: bumping up for you. I think there's a few on the housing sticky :thumb:

Thanks Zoobec.There are some lovely ones on the sticky.Im just being nosey too:lol:

Its the multi-level part im most interested in but any ideas/pictures/new projects would be lovely to see.:)

I had a platform added to a new hutch which I now wish I'd made wider to fit more than 1 bun on at a time :)

I'd definitely add in a platform and maybe box in a bit of the underneath so they have a hidey hole x

Here are some pics of mine: it's smaller at about 3.5'x4' internally but I still managed to get some levels in:

1978875_10101626008185358_6945177737763536358_n.jpg

They love the window seat here: the underside door is to stop them going down the tunnel, which was useful when we kept them locked in there overnight for the first week (as part of bonding) but it now open all the time until we need to move things about again :) The window seat itself is 70x40cm (so 16" x 2') because that's the size of an offcut piece of MDF I had to make the top :D

I also have a cat tree but I don't think they can reach the top level as it's too shallow: I need to buy a stool or tiny chair for myself anyway so I can sit in there with them, so they can use it as a stepstool.

I had a platform added to a new hutch which I now wish I'd made wider to fit more than 1 bun on at a time :)

I'd definitely add in a platform and maybe box in a bit of the underneath so they have a hidey hole x

Thanks for that Louise:wave:

Hope your trio are all well:)

Thankyou keletkezes,the picture is really useful and sort of what I had I my head.Now I can see it would work.I love the window seat idea and the fact that you've lost none of the floor area.

Something that's really good that's come out of this is that my carpenter friends children have a bunny who currently lives in a rather small hutch but having spoken to me he has a playhouse planned for their bunny with an attached run and possibly will be finding bunny a friend from a local rescue!
Im really glad I asked for his help if his childrens bunny gets a happier life.

Thanks for that Louise:wave:

Hope your trio are all well:)

They are doing well thanks. Very cheeky and the boys still adore Smudge who gets groomed all the time :) Hope all yours are well too :-D

That's great news re your carpenter's children's bunny. It's lovely to know that people, soon as they realise, want to extend accommodation and get them a friend :love:

Back