• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Pet Carrier

harrietec

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend a good pet carrier? Ours in on its last legs and I've had a look online but am totally overwhelmed by the amount of choice! It needs to be able to hold 2kg as a minimum really as Gus is a bit of a chunky monkey.

Thanks!

I recently bought the Nobby from Amazon - recommended on here. Seems fine except that handle is uncomfortable. If you put pet carriers into search you should find thread.

I have a cat cabrio and it's great as it also has food and water dishes in the door :thumb:

It will just fit 2 regular bunnies :D

I need a new extra large one that will fit two medium sized buns or four small buns... Not finding anything suitable though. All my carriers have been from PAH

The cabrio is always strongly recommended when these threads come up :)

Tabithakat, I had a ferplast atlas mini and have replaced it with the cheaper and (imo) better bracco 80 for taking my two medium and one large. It's very large but easy to get them in and out, and there's room for them to stretch out if you end up waiting for a while.

I need a new extra large one that will fit two medium sized buns or four small buns... Not finding anything suitable though. All my carriers have been from PAH

I've found that I simply can't carry both my rabbits in the same carrier any more, just too heavy. Same with my cats. Such a pity as they are much happier together.

The cabrio is always strongly recommended when these threads come up :)

Tabithakat, I had a ferplast atlas mini and have replaced it with the cheaper and (imo) better bracco 80 for taking my two medium and one large. It's very large but easy to get them in and out, and there's room for them to stretch out if you end up waiting for a while.

The Bracco 80 looks good! Does seat belt fit through the handle?

This one? Doesn't look like it has a strap or handle for carrying it though? http://www.petsgodirect.co.uk/Rosewood_Bracco_80_Car_Carrier-M6155

I've just had another look at Amazon (lot cheaper). It does say there are handles, bit I think they must be on each side, in which case I don't know how easy it would be to carry. I see now that it is designed to go in boot/hatch, more of a dog crate, so wouldn't suit me anyway - can never remember how to put back seats down! I like them to be on the back seat with the seat belt through the handle.

I've just had another look at Amazon (lot cheaper). It does say there are handles, bit I think they must be on each side, in which case I don't know how easy it would be to carry. I see now that it is designed to go in boot/hatch, more of a dog crate, so wouldn't suit me anyway - can never remember how to put back seats down! I like them to be on the back seat with the seat belt through the handle.

You're right, the handles are on each side. I'm a 5ft midget and I can carry it but it's cumbersome, I really struggled to get it down our narrow staircase. OH carries it no problem.
It fits on our back seat but I've never tried strapping it in.

You're right, the handles are on each side. I'm a 5ft midget and I can carry it but it's cumbersome, I really struggled to get it down our narrow staircase. OH carries it no problem.
It fits on our back seat but I've never tried strapping it in.

Thanks for the info. You've confirmed that it isn't the right one for me. It's funny about the strapping in bit, I would never be happy now if I couldn't use a seatbelt.

Back