• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits have demolished the contents of fruit bowl!

daffodil.lemurs

Warren Scout
Came home to find Pippa sat on the dining table tucking in to a banana and Rusty sat on the floor just finishing off a pear. Had no idea they could even get up there!
I've checked the fruit bowl and dependant on what my partner took to work they've eaten 3-4 pears, 3-4 apples and 1-2 whole bananas...I'm hoping Dave took lots of fruit with him and they've not eaten as much as I think!
Am waiting for the vet to call me back, am prepared for lots of poo and will be keeping a close eye on them [emoji90]

What trouble have your bunnies gotten in today?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

the greedy monkeys. Lets hope your OH was doing a class in smoothie making today or preparing for early harvest festival. I hope they are ok too

The vet has said to just keep an eye on them and bring them in if they seem lethargic or have any diarrhoea.
They're both munching on hay and following me around so here's hoping they're fine!
The fruit bowl is now safely in a kitchen cupboard now as well haha

The vet has said to just keep an eye on them and bring them in if they seem lethargic or have any diarrhoea.
They're both munching on hay and following me around so here's hoping they're fine!
The fruit bowl is now safely in a kitchen cupboard now as well haha

Probably hay rations now for the foreseeable :lol:

This is my excuse for not eating fruit and having a draw full of chocolate ;)
Maybe if I actually ate the fruit rather than it looking pretty in a bowl this wouldn't happen [emoji5]

After one incident where Rusty smooshed soft poo into my trousers earlier whilst I was grooming him I can now report all is normal, plenty of lovely firm golden poos and lots of running around causing chaos...what a thing to be happy about, other people would think I was mad!

I actually caught Lopsy on one of his digging episodes today (he usually waits until I've gone back inside for something)! There he was, out on the grass, scraping away at the top layer of soil and grass, and pulling it out by its roots. Not eating it. I presume there was something underneath he wanted, as he stopped soon after! Will be glad when we get the undermeshed run...

Ha ha ha!!

This reminds me of when Hector was a baby. I came home to find a satsuma had rolled out of the fruit bowl onto the kitchen worktop. As I picked it up, I noticed it was half eaten. It took me longer than it ought to have done to realise the top of his crate was a suitable stepping stone to the kitchen worktop that he had obviously just grown into....

Hope they are ok :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've mentioned this before, at my US rabbit forum there was a bunny who nicked a lemon out of the grocery bag that her owner had just set on the floor...bun then legged it into the hallway and obviously took a bite...then dropped the lemon and thumped at it for a good long while. :lol:
Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one!

Good to hear the bunnies are well despite their binge. Man, I would've probably keeled over at the sight of all that fruit gone had it been my three! :shock:

I think I've mentioned this before, at my US rabbit forum there was a bunny who nicked a lemon out of the grocery bag that her owner had just set on the floor...bun then legged it into the hallway and obviously took a bite...then dropped the lemon and thumped at it for a good long while. :lol:
Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one!

Good to hear the bunnies are well despite their binge. Man, I would've probably keeled over at the sight of all that fruit gone had it been my three! :shock:

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back