• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nancy went to the vet last Wednesday

Den

Mama Doe
She had a mucky left eye and sometimes beneath the eye was wet.

The vet checked her teeth (Oh and I had to hold her!) . All looked good but one on the left had a 'tiny' spur which given that Nancy was eating well the vet didn't think this to be the cause.

Poor Nancy was very stressed after she had dye in her eye to check for damage so the vet decided against a conscious tear duct flush. She has been having antibiotic Eyedrops for the past 7 days and had the last one tonight.

Please could she have some vibes that this has done the trick, otherwise my big bunny has got to be admitted to have a GA to have her tear duct flushed and whilst under they will sort the 'tiny' spur out too.

Awww she is so lovely! She looks like one of my first buns, my girl Shadow, back in the 90's :love:
Sending vibes for her xxx

How does her eye look now? Hope it has cleared up and she doesn't need a GA.

Touching wood frantically, it looks fine. I've not noticed any muck or wetness since a day after she started the drops.

I'm really hoping it was 'just ' an infection but wouldn't it have been in both eyes and wouldn't Will have got it too?

Google naturally scared me witless.

Nancy thanks everyone for the vibes.:thumb:

As an aside I felt really chuffed when the vet praised us for taking her there promptly, her diet and her glossy coat.:D

Yes she looks in very good condition! No it wouldn't necessarily have affected the other eye. It could have been a piece of hay which had got stuck in there causing it to water then become infected. Anyway pleased bunny's eye looks better!

Back