• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hows the bunny moults going

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
every time I have said I think mabel has finished she proves me wrong, anyway I think I can say that hopefully now this is her summer coat, until she prob decides moult and get ready for winter :lol:

Only 1 of mine at the moment - he's currently sporting a fetching tufty skirt :lol:

He moults constantly, or so it seems...everything is covered in grey fur!!

Both of mine are still losing loads, mind you we had such a cold spring and start to summer, I think they both hung on to their fur. Now it's gone warmer, I'm getting loads off them. George, my puddy cat, is also shedding (and leaving me lovely fur balls at the bottom of the stairs too ! :shock:)

Winston's moult is huge, he's all patchy at the moment, not a great look when he's going dating for a wifebun in a couple of weeks!

Joe is looking very shabby. Mouse hasn't really moulted yet (had her almost 2 months) & Boo's moult is permanent - or it feels that way

Mine are in a constant state of moult in one form or other but that spate of 80's F weather we've had has really set them off. Poor Pip has it worst this time with pearl string poos and she gets the grumpiest of them all when being groomed. :(
By the time she stops it'll be time to put on winter coats. The daylight being so wonky here really causes problems too. :(

Were there any new photos of lovely Mabels to be had, perhaps? ;) :love: I do love me a Mabel photoshoot! :D xxxxxxx

Cookie was looking absolutely awful, but I had a good go at brushing out plenty of loose fur with my hand last week and she looks a lot more sleek now but thinner! The amount that came out was crazy! Think she is almost done! This is the bunny I was having allergic and asthmatic reactions to her fur for the past few years. While doing this I was covered in it and breathing it in, touching it with bare skin and it didn't affect me at all! Thank goodness I didn't rehome her when first diagnosed! (Not that I would!)

Lola has moulted along her back to her tail and now her sides are starting to get tufty but her fur doesn't come out as easily. Unfortunately I have found where some has come out around her tail end that her lionhead skirt was hiding a matt. None of my girls like being handled, so this is going to be stressful to sort out. I have had her sisters shaved at the vets before now, but there is no way they would let them now without sedation!

Frankie, well she rarely moults. Her fur looks and feels amazing. I never know with her what will happen. She has that lovely bunny fur that springs right back when smoothed the wrong way :love:

Lopsy's finished. He was inside over winter but then outside from march and there's just some tufts at the end the OH teases out each evening :)

Aboleth's really going for it and she has THE BEST moult lines! I tried to get some pics yesterday so I'll upload them into the photo thread if they're any good. Again, Matt spends ages handling her and getting rind of what he can.

HOWEVER! Lopsy may have finished but his fur's all over the blinkin' strawberries! Washing didn't help: it just stuck more! Suppose I'll have to add a health warning to my jam now: "may contain bunny-fluff" :lol:

My lot are different rabbit to rabbit. Galinda has looked horrendously scruffy for months from moulting whereas Elphie, her littermate, looks virtually done. Athena looks the best out of the lot of 'em though, but that might be because she's currently a housebunny (though not for much longer...)

Molly's moult has been going on for ages and she's so scruffy with it. The brush I have is useless but she does let me gently pull out the tufts. My vet says she thinks lops have worse moults than uppy earred bunnies.

Back