• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abandoned rabbit

bridget

Alpha Buck
Yesterday my boyfriend on his drive to work noticed a white, red eyed rabbit over a gateway marked "private property". He reversed up and got out just to make sure his eyes were not deceiving him! Anyway, this morning it is in exactly the same place. There are no houses around that area at all so we can only assume it has been dumped. But what to do? Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you x

If it's still there, could you catch it and take it to a vets, it might be microchipped ? If not chipped, is there a rescue nearby that might take it ? Good luck

Hmm I could try and catch it. It may be difficult but we could try. We don't have a rescue nearby but we are wiling to drive to Celia's as we have got a couple of buns from her in the past. I can't help but think it is a sitting target - a pure white rabbit out in the country... :(

I hope the poor bunny can be rescued, it won't survive long I doubt :( Good luck if you go and try catch it, when we went to catch Boris we was lucky he was quite tame but I took a cardboard box and set it up with hay and pellets stuffed in as we couldn't find him to begin with so set up at least a bit of shelter for him and then we saw him in it so went out with food and because we didn't know how well he would take to handling took a large blanket to throw over him if he tried to run. We was also told to take some if beano and Gordon's poo, to attract him I believe??

Hmm I could try and catch it. It may be difficult but we could try. We don't have a rescue nearby but we are wiling to drive to Celia's as we have got a couple of buns from her in the past. I can't help but think it is a sitting target - a pure white rabbit out in the country... :(

I'm surprised it hasn't already been snapped up by a passing fox for dinner :shock:

I would catch it (or try to) asap before it suffers a horrible fate ...

There was a white rabbit straying near us for over 6 months! A local rescue was alerted and we went and caught it and took it to them. We were very surprised it had survived so long, but it had made itself a home in some construction pipes which were about to be removed.

My sister had been seeing Boris about for nearly a week before telling me he'd made a little burrow in her garden, this was in an area with foxes! Hopefully this bunny will be lucky too.

Poor bunny. Definitely attempt to catch it asap.

Fingers crossed that it is tame and approachable, but if it isn't and you need an extra pair of hands, I'm in Bilsthorpe, about 10 miles from Newark, so could come over. I'm at work at the moment though so wouldn't be available until this evening.

Celia has a microchip reader, so she'd be able to scan it to check for a chip.

Poor bunny. Definitely attempt to catch it asap.

Fingers crossed that it is tame and approachable, but if it isn't and you need an extra pair of hands, I'm in Bilsthorpe, about 10 miles from Newark, so could come over. I'm at work at the moment though so wouldn't be available until this evening.

Celia has a microchip reader, so she'd be able to scan it to check for a chip.

Thanks Tracy, but we're past Newark now and moved over near to Sleaford. The bunny is near Oasby/Wilsford. We're going over when Brian finishes work to see if we can catch him/her. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Tracy, but we're past Newark now and moved over near to Sleaford. The bunny is near Oasby/Wilsford. We're going over when Brian finishes work to see if we can catch him/her. Fingers crossed.

Will keep everything crossed for a successful capture.

I caught a stray bunny a few months ago and we went armed with some nice veggies to try and tempt her and gain her trust. We did catch her, but I ended up having to make a lightening grab for her before she shot under a fence.

If you are successful and need help getting it over to Celia's, I'd be happy to meet you somewhere to cut down the length of your journey a bit. Just give me a shout if you need me.

Will keep everything crossed for a successful capture.

I caught a stray bunny a few months ago and we went armed with some nice veggies to try and tempt her and gain her trust. We did catch her, but I ended up having to make a lightening grab for her before she shot under a fence.

If you are successful and need help getting it over to Celia's, I'd be happy to meet you somewhere to cut down the length of your journey a bit. Just give me a shout if you need me.

Oh great, thank you so much. Will keep you posted :)

We couldn't get near her :( will try again tomorrow first thing, take some different food.. So frustrated and disappointed.

Back