• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angelica has had a horrific accident

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(

She was fine half an hour ago. But now her leg is literally hanging off. I've never seen anything like it, I was nearly sick :(

I can't understand how she has done it. She has lived in that aviary for two years and it is lined with thick stable matting. There is nothing hard to land on.

The femur is snapped through its literally hanging on with one piece of skin.

Thankfully our vets are close and Steve should be there by now.

Oh Liz, I am so sorry to read this. :cry: How shocking for all of you. :cry:

I hope she will be OK. Sending lots and lots of vibes for Angelica. xx

Liz I hope she's going to be okay.

This has happened here as you know - to a rescue rabbit years back where the rabbit in question was okay one minute and his leg was broken the next. I think he had a heavy landing in his hutch off a level and it was just a freak accident.

That was Wilfred Pamplemouse. Gill managed to pin it but unfortunately the blood supply had already been compromised and so in the end the leg had to be amputated.

I hope the news is good and that the leg can be saved. Will be thinking of you.

Thank you. :( Helen she has practically amputated the leg herself. There is no saving it.

I've checked their set up nothing is out of place and no blood to be seen :( it makes no sense at all. She was totally fine at 9am. Her partner has a bad leg so its all set up to be poorly leg friendly.

They are xraying now but say the ga in itself is a risk as she is in shock. There is more damage higher up so seeing if amputation is am option or if we need to pts :(

She is one of the only healthy rabbits we have here :(

Holding you and Angelica in my prayers, Liz. I'm so sorry this has happened. :( I hope she'll be okay.

(((((((Comforting hugs)))))))) coming your way. xxxxxxx

I'm so very sorry :cry:

I hope she is strong enough to cope with the op and GA. Poor wee thing. Poor you too, how these things happen ...

Such terrible news and such a shock for you :cry:

Keeping Angelica in my thoughts and praying she can come through this xx

Back