• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding/sitting south Nottingham-ish: experiences

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Having followed the pet boarding/sitting thread with interest, and thinking about going away for 10 days or so next May, does anyone have experience of any boarders (or sitters) around Nottingham? I'm thinking within about 45mins drive, so as far as west of Derby, Leicester, Grantham, north Mansfield...? As a guide, it'd just be two so-far generally healthy (as long as Lopsy avoids sprouts!) rabbits :)

I use white stables in lambley. They are a cattery really (and the owner is a huge cat lover!!!) but they do take the odd rabbit. I have never seen the size of the accommodation and I actually expect it may be fairly small but I can live with that for a week as I know that my rabbits are very well looked after by her. She takes great care of them and cuddles and strokes them. She is also amazing with my very nervous cat Chloe who doesn't like new people but Chloe loves her! She only charged around £4 a night for both bunnies (again makes me think the accommodation isn't that large) but as I said, I can deal with leaving them in a small space for a week if they are well looked after and are given attention :)

Also, I have never used it but I hear that bunny hall near ruddington is good.

Thanks Beki: I've tried to avoid places that offer cuddles as Lopsy is a rabbity rabbit :D He might come round to the idea one day but neither me nor the OH spend much time actively trying to cuddle them :lol: Much prefer just sitting and watching, talking to, attempting to cajole back into the run (oh wait, I was talking about enjoying)...!

Aww, I have a cuddly bunny (on her terms only of course but she is quite accommodating to my cuddles most of the time). Bertie, who I have had since January (and who hasn't been in boarding) is not a cuddly one at all and I generally just leave him to it and don't handle him unless needed. :)

Back