• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nobivac combined VHD/Myxo vaccine

dodge63

New Kit
Just putting this out there, has any body had/know of any adverse effect from the use of this vaccine? My 2 year old male mini lop in good health was vaccinated Friday evening, I sadly had to bury him on Sunday morning. He was absolutely fine before his visits to the vets.

Just putting this out there, has any body had/know of any adverse effect from the use of this vaccine? My 2 year old male mini lop in good health was vaccinated Friday evening, I sadly had to bury him on Sunday morning. He was absolutely fine before his visits to the vets.

Was this the first time he had had the *combined* vaccine?

Oh how awful for you, I am so sorry :cry: Did you speak with the Vet who gave the vaccine and what did they say ?

Not yet, he had the vaccine the year before. I have the feeling the vet will say that there should be no reason for him to have had an adverse reaction. I assume there is a risk with any medication given, perhaps Im searching for answers as to why a hitherto healthy Rabbit should deteriorate so quickly. I suppose I can only speculate, whatever the case it wont bring him back:(

Not yet, he had the vaccine the year before. I have the feeling the vet will say that there should be no reason for him to have had an adverse reaction. I assume there is a risk with any medication given, perhaps Im searching for answers as to why a hitherto healthy Rabbit should deteriorate so quickly. I suppose I can only speculate, whatever the case it wont bring him back:(

Yes, your vet may well say that.

The only thing is that despite how healthy he appeared to be, we sometimes find there are things going on in our little ones' bodies that we know nothing about. I know people on here have said that the vets have been amazed that their rabbits survived as long as they did given the conditions they had. They hide their illnesses so well, bless them.

I am again so sorry for your loss. Of course it won't bring him back, but speculating on why is hard not to do.

Your vet (or you) should report it to the manufactures.

It's not uncommon for rabbits to have a mild reaction e.g. be a bit under the weather but not pass away. Vaccine challenges the immune system though, so it could be something underlying. Sometimes a rabbit feeling under the weather will stop eating and then stasis can kick in, so it's not the vaccine as such but stasis can be potentially fatal.

Back