• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The trio bonding scene

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper

Please do excuse the pizza down the side of the toilet!! It is left overs that won't be eaten and put there by my OH! :oops::roll: So this will be what my bathroom will look like for the foreseeable future and my make shift bed in the hall! We was going to take it in turns to sit with them but there's been no fights for the past hour or so and I wake up at the slightest thing so I'll be sleeping by them. They were in a larger area to begin with but after the original scuffles there was just sat too far apart for hours with nothing happening but Gordon lunging and biting whoever moved even slightly towards him so the space has been reduced and all has been going ok... I think!

Good luck! When I bonded my trio, I had them in a medium sized dog crate and ended up on the couch. Surprisingly, they bonded really quickly. I was lucky. :)

Thank you, I got some sleep yes, was only woken several times by thumping usually by Jake if beano or Gordon move towards him. Only woken about twice by chasing and lunging. Gordon is being the biggest 'problem' but only as I expected, at first he was very hostile towards Jake and occasionally beano but after a few hours he would still stick his head out and lunge towards Jake but it isn't being followed by biting and Jake running away anymore. They're all eating and have been resting, beano and Gordon have been sat together eating and resting and sometimes beano and Jake but Jake is still quite nervous of them. There's been no humping though. I think its changed to beano being more dominant now, its quite sweet she's been looking out for Jake. At one point Jake was eating hay near Gordon and he put his head down and ears back and beano stayed still just her ears went right back and Gordon immediately backed off and left Jake to it!

There's been no grooming that I've seen apart from of themselves and not much sitting together though but I believe this os normal for trios to take longer?

Thank you, I got some sleep yes, was only woken several times by thumping usually by Jake if beano or Gordon move towards him. Only woken about twice by chasing and lunging. Gordon is being the biggest 'problem' but only as I expected, at first he was very hostile towards Jake and occasionally beano but after a few hours he would still stick his head out and lunge towards Jake but it isn't being followed by biting and Jake running away anymore. They're all eating and have been resting, beano and Gordon have been sat together eating and resting and sometimes beano and Jake but Jake is still quite nervous of them. There's been no humping though. I think its changed to beano being more dominant now, its quite sweet she's been looking out for Jake. At one point Jake was eating hay near Gordon and he put his head down and ears back and beano stayed still just her ears went right back and Gordon immediately backed off and left Jake to it!

There's been no grooming that I've seen apart from of themselves and not much sitting together though but I believe this os normal for trios to take longer?

Its fascinating watching how they communicate when your bunny bonding isn't it, more so with 3 than 2. In general trio's are supposed to take longer . It's certainly the longest & most difficult of my bonds but I love having three, rushing round in a gang, they are so much fun. It sounds to me like early signs are pretty positive, I hope they continue to make progress. Will they be outside or inside buns?

Please do excuse the pizza down the side of the toilet!! It is left overs that won't be eaten and put there by my OH! :oops::roll: So this will be what my bathroom will look like for the foreseeable future and my make shift bed in the hall! We was going to take it in turns to sit with them but there's been no fights for the past hour or so and I wake up at the slightest thing so I'll be sleeping by them. They were in a larger area to begin with but after the original scuffles there was just sat too far apart for hours with nothing happening but Gordon lunging and biting whoever moved even slightly towards him so the space has been reduced and all has been going ok... I think!

Wow such a small space! Are they in there 24/7 or are you slow-bonding?

Thank you, it hasn't been too stressful so far luckily!

Its fascinating watching how they communicate when your bunny bonding isn't it, more so with 3 than 2. In general trio's are supposed to take longer . It's certainly the longest & most difficult of my bonds but I love having three, rushing round in a gang, they are so much fun. It sounds to me like early signs are pretty positive, I hope they continue to make progress. Will they be outside or inside buns?

It is and glad you have a happy trio, I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing them enjoying eachother :D Thank you, they will be indoors as I don't have a garden. I will hopefully have one next year but think I'll still keep them in with time out in nice weather.

They are in there all the time, but as we've had a quiet day today with no scuffles or anything I may make it bigger...

Thank you, it is going well :D I've seen Beano groom Jake once but she's grooming Gordon more and sitting with him more but I think it's because Jake is still a bit nervy around them both, but I'm pleased Beano and Gordon are still loving towards eachother and Beano hasn't 'left' Gordon for Jake! :lol: I do hope he gets more involved though. How is your trio doing?

When would people increase the space very slightly? I do feel sorry for them being in that little space but things weren't working in any bigger space to begin with.

Ace !I'm really pleased for both of you and your bunnies. Boo still has her spiky moments, has to show everyone who is boss; that's after 7 weeks or so. I always knew she was full on but didn't think she'd be that much of a princess :lol:

I love hearing bonding stories - keep the updates coming

Back