• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody know the breed of this bunny?

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
So, this is my Barnaby, he's been here since December 2011 and I thought he was just a non-specific sooty fawn uppy eared bunny... but today I came across a breed that I think he might be. I was told that he came from a breeder that showed rabbits and got prizes and he was "from good lines":roll: yeah, we know all the 'good lines' in that regard too;) As he was being given away in the way he was I just dismissed that was 'talk'. However, that might be true - he might be a breed I'd not come across before....

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

A gold star going for anybody who knows which breed I'm talking about. :D

Last edited:
No gold, silver or bronze stars for me but I had to comment on how gorgeous he is, hi to barnaby :wave:

Is he.... a Sussex?

I'm *thinking* me may be a Cinnamon?

Google brings up a lot of images that look like him.

Actually, I'm now wondering as he should be c5kg *if* he was a Cinnamon and he's only 2.8kg, so waaay too small.:( Humph, I thought I'd got a pedigree in my flock.

Last edited:
Looks a bit Thuringer to me: my American Dwarfs book had loads of pictures and I may be misremembering (last time I saw it was 1998), but the fawn&black is an indicator (as it is of lots, I know ;P).

Looks a bit Thuringer to me: my American Dwarfs book had loads of pictures and I may be misremembering (last time I saw it was 1998), but the fawn&black is an indicator (as it is of lots, I know ;P).

Oh, thank you, according to the pictures on Google he could be, he's the right sort of weight for that breed.

He looks like a Siamese Sable to me, he's gorgeous. I found one many years ago this colour and went out and bought him an
indoor cage and toys and the person that owned him turned up at my home the week after. I had been telling someone in one
of our local shops about him and someone had gone in and mentioned about losing a rabbit. I was happy to see him go back
to his owner but really upset at the same time as I had grew very fond of him the short time I had him.

Back