• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Therapy buns

AmberNikSee

Alpha Buck
I belong to multiple Facebook pages about buns and occasionally I see some awesome things!
Today I came across therapy buns!
They have certified buns and have kids come in and read to them and work on their speech.
They told a story about a little boy that was terrified of animals and strangers and talking to non-family and he zoomed up and pet one of the buns and completely opened up to the people attached to the buns!
<3 happy bunny stories!

I used to take my buns out to schools, childrens hospice's, retirement homes etc. They always went down really well. Sadly I lost my original bunny who was very
calm. None of the other rabbits we've had since would have coped with it.

I would love for Amy to be a therapy bun, but I'm in two minds about how appropriate her personality is for it. On the one hand, she loves attention and being fussed over, and can be quite tolerant (she managed very well with meeting two young children once); on the other, she can be shy and startle easily. She's usually a bit wary of new people, too. And I have no idea how to go about it, anyway. Oh well, it's a lovely thing anyway; just being near a rabbit can be so soothing.

There was a large very sweet laid back disabled rabbit at the rabbit rescye that was adopted to beca therapy rabbit. That was a few years back but last I heard the rabbit seem to enjoy it and the children loved her.

Sandy Crook, author of a book about Lop Rabbits, used to take her rabbits to hospitals etc :thumb:

I used to take my buns out to schools, childrens hospice's, retirement homes etc. They always went down really well. Sadly I lost my original bunny who was very
calm. None of the other rabbits we've had since would have coped with it.

Yes I did this too, in conjunction with a Rescue Centre. He was a jolly fellow, and quite large and confident. People used to love him :love:

Back