• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies on trains

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who've ever taken your buns on a train, how did they find it?

I occasionally take mine on a train to get them to a good boarding place that I like, and every single time they've been super relaxed and much less tense than they are on car journeys. I assume it's because it's a much smoother, quieter ride - they seem to get jolted around a lot in cars, especially taxis! - and I wondered if other people's buns reacted similarly.

(Before anyone says anything....I obviously don't take them on the tube, or on rush hour trains...we go on one specific route to Bicester, in the middle of the day, when I know it's super quiet and they will get a double seat to themselves. ;) )

My old mucker Noodle bunny & I travelled by train regularly to see the vet. she was super chilled, used to hop out of her carrier & sit on my knee (she was never a flighty bunny). Mind you she also didnt mind the bus & taxi journeys we'd also make on the same trip. She travelled really well.

One time she was on my knee on a rush hour train to Leeds & she kept licking me (as ever :love:) so I had to stroke her constantly so it didnt look weird :lol: (her head was at my chest area!) but as I did I just loosened her moulting coat & clouds of white noodle fur attached itself to all the suits, :lol::oops:

Not had to take my current 3 on the train yet, hoping never to have to as my arms would fall off

My old mucker Noodle bunny & I travelled by train regularly to see the vet. she was super chilled, used to hop out of her carrier & sit on my knee (she was never a flighty bunny). Mind you she also didnt mind the bus & taxi journeys we'd also make on the same trip. She travelled really well.

One time she was on my knee on a rush hour train to Leeds & she kept licking me (as ever :love:) so I had to stroke her constantly so it didnt look weird :lol: (her head was at my chest area!) but as I did I just loosened her moulting coat & clouds of white noodle fur attached itself to all the suits, :lol::oops:

Not had to take my current 3 on the train yet, hoping never to have to as my arms would fall off

I can't lift mine so take them to the vets by putting their carrier in a wheelbarrow :lol:

Oooh made me laugh out loud!!! Good to bring those suits down a peg or two!!

(Apols as always to any suits on this thread - you are different, of course :thumb: )

ooh, do you use a boarding place in Bicester? If so I'd be interested in the details, as that would be much nearer than the current place I use!

(sorry for hijacking the train thread!) :)

It's actually just a friend with a big garden and lots of other bunnies :oops: I take them there because I used to live her and she knows my two really well but she doesn't take in boarders as such. Sorry, feel like I've been misleading! :oops:

Back