• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cannot stand 99% of rabbit groups on Facebook!

Holhol

Alpha Buck
There are SO many ignorant people who refuse to listen to good advice on them... I think I'm going to have to leave most of them, they are driving me mad.

All I see is breeding, tiny cages, muesli and peoples rabbits dying of completely preventable/treatable diseases. I usually just lurk but today I told someone that NO yoghurt drops and chocolate drops are not good treats for rabbits but of course, lots of people "give them all the time and their rabbits are fine"... :censored:

I wish everyone was a good educated rabbit owner with a good rabbit savvy vet, these groups just ruin any faith I had in people starting to care for rabbits properly!

There are so many ignorant people in the world, unfortunately you cant teach those that don't want to learn.

I get into so many arguments on facebook, the best one is people talking about rabbits and guinea pigs being kept together, the only defence some folk have is "mine were / are fine". I do get more people backing me up though, times are slowly changing.

They are so rude on there, I've just been told to ":censored: chill there's no dairy in them" because I said they contain milk powder

Last time I checked milk powder was a dairy product... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't go on Facebook. I signed up and got fed up with people keep wanting to be my friend, but it was just computer generated. I got off it two years ago. Who wants to know when someone's just going to the toilet or eating a bar of chocolate! I like people who are compassionate and not full of themselves.

What about the people who say 'can I have some advice on .....' Then when you tell them and it's not what they want to hear they get all defensive and tell you you're wrong :twisted:

What about the people who say 'can I have some advice on .....' Then when you tell them and it's not what they want to hear they get all defensive and tell you you're wrong :twisted:

They're the best! ;) they drive me mad when they ask for advice but a few comments later say they weren't asking for people's opinions because they've been told something they don't like! Life was soooo much easier without FB!

They're the best! ;) they drive me mad when they ask for advice but a few comments later say they weren't asking for people's opinions because they've been told something they don't like! Life was soooo much easier without FB!

My life is still easier without Facebook :lol:

I have no idea how people find the time for all this 'social media' :shock:

My life is still easier without Facebook :lol:

I have no idea how people find the time for all this 'social media' :shock:

I've been off and very bored for 2 weeks so have seen far too much of Facebook :lol: apart from the rabbit things it's all babies and engagement and gap years on mine :lol:

UK rabbit group and rabbits United are the best ones :) I think UK rabbit group is run by aomeone on here so advice is good on there!

I run UK Rabbit Group along with Alycia from here. We try to follow the RWAF guidelines and we are either popular for doing it or very unpopular for doing it!

I've just tonight had a "lovely" conversation with someone who asked why her rabbits are digging in the sawdust in their cage then went mental and called me a B for suggesting they may be bored in the cage...

God help me. I must be mental having a FB group....it's a shame it's the way it is there because there are so many people to reach there, but not all of them want to hear that they might not be doing the best job ever...

Last edited:
Can you name some to join? I want to try to give some friendly advice!

I've started a second group Friends of Rainbow Rabbits, its the sister group to my main sanctuary group for general chat and advice. It's run by me and another ru member. It's very friendly :)

Back