• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to find a reliable house sitter/pet sitter?!

ImoT

Mama Doe
So my OH and I are off to Australia next Easter for 2 weeks as his brother is getting married. I have 1 rabbit at the moment (Winston) but it's soon to be 2 and we may have a hamster too. I know my friend can look after the hamster but she can't house sit the rabbits because she has a tropical fish tank and can't leave it. Ideally I would like someone to house sit but I'm not really sure how to go about finding someone?! Has anyone used trustedhousesitters.com? My mum has used it for her 9 animals (4 dogs and 5 cats) and found a great couple but unfortunately they are unavailable when we are in Australia. I would really like someone who has experience with rabbits. The thing I like about trustedhousesitters is lots of people do it for free but they have lots of references and checks and things. Before I register with them (it costs about £75 to do so) I just wanted to see if anyone had used it for their rabbits or if anyone has any other ideas/suggestions?

Bumping up for you. I haven't used them, I'm lucky to have a friend who does dog walking and holiday care, so she looks after the menagerie for me :thumb:

Some Vet Nurses do House/Pet Sitting to top up their earnings. Have a word with the ones at the Veterinary Surgery you use xx

Some Vet Nurses do House/Pet Sitting to top up their earnings. Have a word with the ones at the Veterinary Surgery you use xx

That's a good idea. I think that could be quite expensive though. I know there is nothing more important than making sure the bunnies are looked after properly, and I would be happy to pay, but I would rather explore some of the other options first :)

I live in Bucks and do house and pet sitting!

What is your postcode?

P.S - As I work full-time I do it very cheaply :wave:

I live in Bucks and do house and pet sitting!

What is your postcode?

P.S - As I work full-time I do it very cheaply :wave:

I'll pm you my postcode as I don't want to make it too public…..not that I don't trust all you lovely people!!

Damn, I'll put my Swag Bag away then..................:roll:

:lol:

Hahaha! :lol:

Sorry I can't help as you're too far away! :(

Thank you so much for the offer though and all the suggestions you made in your pm, I do really appreciate it :)

If anyone lives near Aylesbury and does pet sitting then do let me know. I would love to find someone on here as then I would know they are rabbit savvy! :)

Back