• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bobo is coming home

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Poor 'wee' Bobo has been at the vets since Monday - I was away but hubby woke up to a very grumpy Bobo who wouldn't eat and was obviously uncomfortable so took him straight to Trinity - and was seen by Mark.

Not even Mark could examine Bobo however - he did manage to get 'subdue' Bobo for a few seconds but he quickly realised that Bobo wasn't going to tolerate any thing so admitted him for a GA to check his teeth and do blood tests. Thankfully the teeth are absolutley fine (which is a relief as Bobo is not a big hay eater) but the blood tests did show an infection.

Bobo has been kept in because of this - it is apparently taking two experienced nurses to give him his antibiotics and syringe feed him and my hubby and I are rubbish at this at the best of times:(

Today he is a lot brighter and active - but still not eating on his own - so they are continuing to syringe feed him.

I'm missing my big, hairy, grumpy lad - and I am wondering with all this handing he has had to submit to this week, whether he'll be more easy to handle in the future? Doubt it - but I live in hope of a cuddle from him one day :love:

Last edited:
Poor Bobo, I hope he feels much better very soon. I also hope Mark has lived to tell the tale of an encounter with Sir Bobo of Grumpsville :lol:

Poor 'wee' Bobo has been at the vets since Monday - I was away but hubby woke up to a very grumpy Bobo who wouldn't eat and was obviously uncomfortable so took him straight to Trinity - and was seen by Mark.

Not even Mark could examine Bobo however - he did manage to get 'subdue' Bobo for a few seconds but he quickly realised that Bobo wasn't going to tolerate any thing so admitted him for a GA to check his teeth and do blood tests. Thankfully the teeth are absolutley fine (which is a relief as Bobo is not a big hay eater) but the blood tests did show an infection.

Bobo has been kept in because of this - it is apparently taking two experienced nurses to give him his antibiotics and syringe feed him and my hubby and I are rubbish at this at the best of times:(

Today he is a lot brighter and active - but still not eating on his own - so they are continuing to syringe feed him.

I'm missing my big, hairy, grumpy lad - and I am wondering with all this handing he has had to submit to this week, whether he'll be more easy to handle in the future? Doubt it - but I live in hope of a cuddle from him one day :love:

I'm sorry to hear this - poor Bobo!

I can only suggest you and your hubby put on nurses uniforms and pretend to be vet nurses. Well perhaps not ...

Sending ((( vibes ))) for him to get better very soon x

Ah poor little Bobo or should I say poor Mark! I may be seeing Mark next week maybe Doughnut can show Bobo how to behave :)

Hope he gets better soon, I would say give him a cuddle from me but fingers crossed to get to give him a cuddle from you. xx

I'm sorry to hear this - poor Bobo!

I can only suggest you and your hubby put on nurses uniforms and pretend to be vet nurses.
Well perhaps not ...

Sending ((( vibes ))) for him to get better very soon x

This did make me laugh :lol::lol::lol:

Ah poor little Bobo or should I say poor Mark! I may be seeing Mark next week maybe Doughnut can show Bobo how to behave :)

Hope he gets better soon, I would say give him a cuddle from me but fingers crossed to get to give him a cuddle from you. xx

I feel like one of those parents who have badly behaved kids - hanging head in shame and trying to pretend they're not mind:lol:

I hope Doughnut responds to her meds soon as well - at least she is a happy little girl still, but it is still worrying for especially after all she has been through.x

Bobo is still in vets...still not eating on his own[emoji26] ...but Mark is happy with his progress and he is very bright and active (translate that as being a little sod[emoji171]).

Bobo will be in vets over the weekend. I personally think he may be better off at home where he can relax without the stress of being picked up and syringe fed...and may start eating again...but I do trust that Mark knows best and certainly don't want to have to rush him to emergency vets over the weekend.

This vet bill is going to be horrendous[emoji26] ...Thankfully he is insured but still have to pay up front. After paying for puppies and a major car repair ....just a wee bit stressed. [emoji33] ...ah well, that's animals for you. ..will always choose just the wrong time to get sick[emoji16]

Bobo is still in vets...still not eating on his own[emoji26] ...but Mark is happy with his progress and he is very bright and active (translate that as being a little sod[emoji171]).

Bobo will be in vets over the weekend. I personally think he may be better off at home where he can relax without the stress of being picked up and syringe fed...and may start eating again...but I do trust that Mark knows best and certainly don't want to have to rush him to emergency vets over the weekend.

This vet bill is going to be horrendous[emoji26] ...Thankfully he is insured but still have to pay up front. After paying for puppies and a major car repair ....just a wee bit stressed. [emoji33] ...ah well, that's animals for you. ..will always choose just the wrong time to get sick[emoji16]

Oh I am sorry that Bobo is not able to come home yet. But as you say, Mark would not keep him in if he did not think it to be absolutely essential. I hope that Bobo will start eating for himself soon xx

I certainly think he *must* be a little sod as he's spending all your money :shock: I hope he recovers - do they let them out part way through the weekend if they're better? To come home I mean ...?

I don't know. We may see Mark on Sunday ...pups 2nd vaccinations - so will get more of a catch up then.
And will of course ring tomorrow.
So he might come home sooner...fingers crossed.

How is he today. I'm sure he's in the best place as can give fluids and medicines iv if necessary. Better than rushing him to the hospital which costs about 150 per night! I got doughnut back over the weekend when she was ill but mark had said she was fine to go and I picked her up and saw Richard.I don't think Bobo would be discharged unless mark said since its his patient. Think marks in on Monday now as dmmt tggmj doughnuts medicine is working so mark will decide what to do then.

Hope you get your little one back soon fighting fit and not just fighting!

Adding some more vibes for Bobo. He sounds a lot like my Mimzy who let his vet know the other day just how much he 'enjoyed' being handled by him! (lots of digging, biting and poos in his lap, one an especially stinky cecal :mrgreen: )
Hope he gets to come home soon! xxxx

Back