• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water provision

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
We've discovered our new bun Aboleth drinks from a bowl fine, and I know Lopsy can drink from it because he has done if I take the bottle away, though he prefers the bottle. The bottle is in a stupid place because it's the only place we can stick it and I want to get rid of it: do you think that's OK? Matt suggested attaching it to the run so they have water in two places which is not a bad idea, so I think I'll do that instead, if you think they'll cope OK without it 24/7 (the bottle, not water generally!) :)

Oh, and neither have shown any signs of bowl tipping (yet) XD

I would be reluctant to take away the bottle if one of your rabbits prefers it. (Mine love their bowl and won't touch a bottle). Why can't they have access to their run (and bottle) over-night?

Why can't they have access to their run (and bottle) over-night?
We're mid-stage bonding in the wendy house at the mo, so they've just got the small, open-topped pen until Saturday when we'll perm-attach the closed-topped run which is twice the size of the pen :) I don't really know if Lopsy prefers it as such, he drinks so little I rarely see him do it! He's had a bowl and bottle since I got him but he came from a bottle-only household so I've always been reluctant to remove it. Thanks for the advice: I'll attach it back on to the run when we move it over and leave it on the pen for now. There's just nowhere really accessible to hook it to on the wendy house, except the window where the window 'seat' is and I'm not convinced it's a good place angle-wise.

Back