• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats your bunnies doing in the heat

bisc is lying by his ice pod. i put it on a towel and he's resting his chin on the towel and his body is against the ice pod :love:

Mine are sleeping and eating hay mainly :roll:

I put a couple of ice cubes in the water dish to keep it colder :) that is accepted :thumb:

I don't have proper ice pods but have put my camping cold bricks in a fluffy sock :thumb: they threw them to the opposite side of the pen :roll: they don't like them I think :lol:

Mine are sleeping and eating hay mainly :roll:

I put a couple of ice cubes in the water dish to keep it colder :) that is accepted :thumb:

I don't have proper ice pods but have put my camping cold bricks in a fluffy sock :thumb: they threw them to the opposite side of the pen :roll: they don't like them I think :lol:

awww I use frozen fancy ice things in the water to, mum got them years ago for our drinks, then few years back I though oh stick one in rabbits water keep it cooler

Put Molly in the run in the garden as soon as I got back from the school run and it got too hot. She loves it out there and ran round nibbling the grass.

Then popped her back inside when it got too hot and she has been alternating between eating hay and sleeping next to her ice pod. I put ice cubes in her water bowl which she just looked at.:roll:

awww I use frozen fancy ice things in the water to, mum got them years ago for our drinks, then few years back I though oh stick one in rabbits water keep it cooler

I hVe a couple of stars I got but they are not much good they defrost too quickly :shock:

Fiver completely ignores his ice bottle in a pillowcase. He's been in the shade all day so obviously doesn't think he needs cooling down anymore!

Lots and lots of lying down.. Being honest mine are eating, but only really picking at hay and their veg.. Is this normal in this Heat? x

Lots and lots of lying down.. Being honest mine are eating, but only really picking at hay and their veg.. Is this normal in this Heat? x

Mine is doing lots of lying too but not drinking as much as usual. She has two bottles and I put a bowl in with ice cubes in which has been refilled as she drank almost all if it.

Toby is inside after his neuter so has a fan on him and is eating and drinking as normal

Mine are indoor buns, i put down frozen water bottles which they sniffed and ignored. I chilled large ceramic tiles in the fridge and put them in their room - sniffed at and then ignored. I pegged up a pet blanket to give them extra shade - pulled down and pee'd on. When I got home from work there was a nice breeze so I sat out in the garden they joined me for a little while in the shade but then went back in and stared out at me through the window.

They may have drank a touch more than usual but that's it. I get the distinct impression that they find my efforts slightly bemusing at best and downright irritating at worst.

Yesterday was a nightmare really, I worried all day. I kept Bels and Rosie in all day and just tried to keep the kitchen as cool as possible with blinds angled downwards and they weren't too bad but I was constantly checking on Dennis and Betty, who chose to stay in the shed (at least with door open) pretty much all day rather than their run which is shady :?

Its cloudy this morning and not as hot here so I've put B & R out for a few hours from 6.15am but I'll get them in before 10 when I have to go out. D & B finally using their run last night and this am. I hate it this hot, I'm annoyed at myself but I'm wishing for rain!!

Both seemed fine when we got home: we put the little pen on the concrete and they came out later for a bit of a run (and a few minor chases :roll:) but it wasn't too hot in the hutch thankfully. Lots of flopping from both though :)

Buns were all in the shady parts of their runs this am. Foster buns have shade most of the day, my own quad will retreat into the shed later though. Have left ice pods, cool pads and wet towels - am worried sick though

Not much, relaxing in shade.
They've pretty much ignored the frozen water bottles I gave them. Well one had a tasty label that needed a bit of ripping but that's it.

Back