• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good absorbant liter for a digger

FredW

Alpha Buck
Hi, I am currently using Back 2 Nature Litter for my litter box, which always really worked well, I tried Carefresh and didn't rate it as much, especially when you compare the price with it. However over the last few weeks, this is what Bunbuns does as soon as I put the fresh box in: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ridxo5fmlt3xyjp/WhoSaysThisIsNotMyDiggingBox.wmv?dl=0
now, don't get me wrong, I love seeing her do it, she's having fun, and I am not planning to discourage her. The only issue is, Back 2 Nature doesn't seem to absorb the wee as much when she does that, and literally it ends up with wet hay all the time. So I am constantly trying to replace the hay, and with that the litter most of the time, which is getting extremely expensive. they do have a hay feeder, so it's not that this is their only source of hay, but little Fluffy prefers to eat the hay while being in his tray and doing his business, so I don't want him to keep eating wee marinated hay.
so just wondering, if anyone else has a similar issue, and if so, what litter are you using that still absorbs well when constantly moved around and dug in. I am not too worried about being able to change it when I am home, but sometimes even I have to leave the house, so they could be a few hours with wet hay, or he could, since she's smart enough eating the fresh hay out the feeder, while he is going through finding dry hay in the box.
hope that all makes sense.

What I do if it helps, I use back to nature in the 2 corners that Paddington likes to wee in, (he is a digger) and use easibed for a decent covering all over the tray. Paddington is a digger too, and even though sometimes the back to nature gets mixed in, it does absorb the wet really well - and the easibed is a lot cheaper, for the rest of the tray.

awesome, I shall give that a try. cause as you can see it's a large enough box, filling completely tree to four times a day with new back 2 nature is getting kinda expensive. so that's good to know. will check the easibed out. thanks :)

:wave: One of my rabbits was exactly the same with back2nature - not too sure why it was. I've just started using bio-catolet and so far haven't had any digging...

You could try a hooded litter tray? I use that and a wood pellet based cat litter and it works well. Winston digs a little but not a huge amount, but whenever he does the litter stays in the tray :)

awesome, I shall give that a try. cause as you can see it's a large enough box, filling completely tree to four times a day with new back 2 nature is getting kinda expensive. so that's good to know. will check the easibed out. thanks :)

You probably need to get easibed from a horsey place, but its very economical i've got the sae size tray too :)

Thanks all so much for your help. got some good alternatives to look into and try out. you've all been, again, great help. :)

Did someone mention digging .....

0e504b0fa591da4ea8ca85b5e212dbeb.jpg

That is so what Bunbuns would do. Fluffy is a jumper, he'll jump up on anything, no matter what it is, sofa, chair, table, he hops on it, Bunbuns on the other hand always tries to go and dig instead. so yeah I could imagine that's what her place would look like if she had the chance.

Did someone mention digging .....

0e504b0fa591da4ea8ca85b5e212dbeb.jpg

Back