• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny spooked by hedgehog ! U/D Still scared !

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
Haven't seen one in years, then a lovely big one just waddled across the lawn, headed straight to the bun shed ! It sat outside the attached enclosure looking in, Treacle just flipped and started thumping like crazy. I went out and the silly bunny has shot out into the runaround pipe, where she is still hiding ! I'll go out in a bit and rattle the treat box ! It was a lovely hedgie though, at least I thought so :lol:

Last edited:
Nice bit of free enrichment :lol: I expect she'll get used to his visits if he becomes a regular. Must look very weird to a rabbit who's not seen one they've got no ears and a funny waddle!

Ooh really jealous!We used to have one visiting the garden every summer evening.We would hear this scraping sound as he eased himself under the fence and then scurry across the grass.He used to eat the slugs which ate my flowers so he was very welcome.It was before I had bunnies but my cats were curious but wouldn't go near him.I was sorry when we stopped seeing him and my slug population has definitely increased!

Well it took till midnight for my silly bun to come out of the pipe. This morning she doesn't want to come out at all, not even into the enclosure, she's just sitting in the shed looking out ! My big tough, nothing scares me, tomboy of a girl reduced to a quivering bunny over a hedgie. I'm just going to leave her to her own devices today, I'm secretly hoping hedgie comes back though :D

Back