• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i encourage my buns to play a bit in this weather?

FredW

Alpha Buck
normally I let my bunnies come out of their big day run when I am around and they run around in the room. however in this weather it seems that they really aren't fussed. should I just leave them in the run where they want to sit on their bed or ice pod, or still encourage them to do some running around and playing? yesterday I opened the run, Bunbuns looked, then had a quick run, and went straight back in her run to flop down, I remember from previous years she always had the same in the summer. Fluffy is a bit better, but he's less fussed the last few days either. so just don't know if I should just let them do what they want, which is flop in their nice comfy bed and rest, or still encourage them to come out and play.

I would let them do as the chose in this exceptionally hot weather. Just leave their run open (when you are around) and if they feel like a hop about they can do so. I would not hassle them to exercise though, its just too hot.

thanks, yeah that's what I thought too, I did it with her last year when it was so hot, just wanted to make sure I am doing the right thing by not trying to get them to do it. I guess us humans don't feel like moving around much in this weather, do we. so I'll do that, sounds like a plan :)

thanks, yeah that's what I thought too, I did it with her last year when it was so hot, just wanted to make sure I am doing the right thing by not trying to get them to do it. I guess us humans don't feel like moving around much in this weather, do we. so I'll do that, sounds like a plan :)

I hate this sort of weather !! It must be so much worse for a Bunny.

yeah so true, since they cant really regulate their temperature as well... and all that fur. so wouldn't want all that. weren't we suppose to have this mini ice age first... that didn't happen, let's hope they got this heat wave wrong too, cause so don't need this, got too much work to do and all I want to do is go and lay about like a sloth lol

yeah so true, since they cant really regulate their temperature as well... and all that fur. so wouldn't want all that. weren't we suppose to have this mini ice age first... that didn't happen, let's hope they got this heat wave wrong too, cause so don't need this, got too much work to do and all I want to do is go and lay about like a sloth lol

I think the sun melted the mini ice age !

I let mine have the choice of the garden or the house.

They have a look out and then come careering back inside ... "Too hot Mummy :lol: "

Bunnies would naturally be out and about more first thing and last thing so miss the heat mid day. If it's secure they'll probably be happy to play more in the evening :)

Yeah I usually have the run open while working anyway, work in the same room they are in, was only in the evening they came out and wanted to play, so we spend an hour or so cuddling and them running around like crazy bunnies, Fluffy doing his constant binking, then they went back in and looked at me wanting food, so that was it, play time over, back on the bed and snuggled up. will keep giving them a choice and if they want to come out and play i'll play, if they want to stay in their run, i'll let them. :) so thanks all, good to have it confirmed that I was doing the right thing really. :) really always helps knowing those things.

Back