• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Solo nail clipping 4 buns

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
I'm taking World Record status for this :oops: yes I am :lol:

Four bunnies

16 feet

18 claws per bunny

72 claws total :shock:

25 minutes :lol::thumb:

And all by myself :shock:

They are all sulking now but some Kale will sort that out :lol:

And I'm covered in floof :roll:

I thought I would get it done while they are all in one place :lol: I.e. The living room

It all went rather smoothly I have no new scratches or bites :D

Respect. Fancy a nice trip to Wales? Eight rabbits and two guinea pigs here. So 18 x 8 Plus the guinea pigs ... makes ... lots of nails.

:lol: well done you. love the word floof! :lol:

bisc's are due to be done actually. thankfully he is fine with it but does have a tendency these days to tuck his front paws out of sight!

Respect. Fancy a nice trip to Wales? Eight rabbits and two guinea pigs here. So 18 x 8 Plus the guinea pigs ... makes ... lots of nails.

:lol: on me way :lol:

I love Pembroke came a couple of times with MDCC theatre co that put on Shakespeare plays in the castle outside :D

Is Paddles night club still the place to be :roll:

I need someone to come and help me!

Theres only 6 rabbits and 9 guinea pigs. And the guineas all need a hair cut too.

Any takers?

awww lol I just done mabels nails now though not to bad but I always keep them trim she is well kept lady :lol: she is so used to it only takes lass then few minutes, she even has filed smooth after :shock: :lol: not to bad with hair today she is almost over her moult of winter coat as I had been grooming her daily for weeks

Oh and to think I was proud of myself last night when I managed to do two rabbits in 15 mins :lol: you definitely beat me! :p

You are much braver than me, first thing on my job list for tomorrow is to ring the vets and book her in to have her nails trimmed at the end of the week.

MrsMcarey and Funny Bunny, you're welcome here anytime! Managed one out of 2 yesterday. Even got in a good grooming, then gave her a lovely nose rub and massage to make up for it. Was rewarded by a protest pee on my bed while I slept :( Have put off the extra laundry until next weekend as far as clipping Mr B!

Last edited:
MrsMcarey and Funny Bunny, you're welcome here anytime! Managed one out of 2 yesterday. Even got in a good grooming, then gave her a lovely nose rub and massage to make up for it. Was rewarded by a protest pee on my bed while I slept :( Have put off the extra laundry until next weekend as far as clipping Mr B!

Oh lovely :shock: Stu did get away from me and start digging on the couch but I soon had him back under control finished and back in the pen where he popped in the litter tray and had a nice pee :D

I have been sleeping on the couch so my duvet is still there and when he was little and a house bun on the couch for cuddles which he still loves he would start to dig and then pee so I know the signs :lol:

I think I'm getting quite quick at the nail clipping, but it's definitely a two person job in our household. My partner holds them and I clip but I'm not too great on length yet. Both have dark nails so I'm cautious about cutting down too far. Bob bun hates traveling so I'm loath to take him to the vets just to get his nails done. I have the utmost admiration for all you expert nail clippers.

I think I'm getting quite quick at the nail clipping, but it's definitely a two person job in our household. My partner holds them and I clip but I'm not too great on length yet. Both have dark nails so I'm cautious about cutting down too far. Bob bun hates traveling so I'm loath to take him to the vets just to get his nails done. I have the utmost admiration for all you expert nail clippers.

Yes dark nails are difficult :? Befor cutting get a small torch and shine thru the nail and you can see how far to go :thumb:

I have 2 white buns 1 grey (dark nails) and a Dutch TriColour her nails are quite pale as she has white feet :D

Yes dark nails are difficult :? Befor cutting get a small torch and shine thru the nail and you can see how far to go :thumb:

I have 2 white buns 1 grey (dark nails) and a Dutch TriColour her nails are quite pale as she has white feet :D

I'll give that a go. :) They'll soon need another trim - I swear the more often I trim the faster they grow.

Haha nice one!! I can only clip
Three of clovers paws myself then I have to get someone to hold her down to get the last one and dew claws as she's too squirmy and hates getting her nails done but loves the cuddles after. Poppy I have no chance with and need to get the vet to do it. Even the vet struggles [emoji23]

Back