• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moses had a seizure

Vet thinks is indeed an episode but unsure if it's viral or not so antibiotics for now and we have to monitor him. He's gone back to his old self now but I seriously thought I was losing him right there and then.

Hoping Moses remains well now xx

I hope so too. Don't think my husband has ever seen me so scared. It may sound stupid but I cannot think of it again without welling up. I thought he would die right in my arms, like my beloved Fizzgig did in 2004. He seems fine now, running around the garden and I hope that it stays that way.

I hope so too. Don't think my husband has ever seen me so scared. It may sound stupid but I cannot think of it again without welling up. I thought he would die right in my arms, like my beloved Fizzgig did in 2004. He seems fine now, running around the garden and I hope that it stays that way.

Wonderful! What did the vet say? My little one had a seizure last year. I didn't take him to the vet, and he recovered, as Moses has. When I did take him the next day, my vet said she had never dealt with a seizure in a rabbit so she wouldn't have had any advice. It's probably not a common occurrence, or if it is, it happens when owner's don't see it.

I hope all continues to be well :thumb:

Poor Moses. We have had several bunnies suffering from seizures. They were either caused by EC or an ear infection. One was due to a tumour from uterine cancer spread :(

I hope Moses' was a one off and he remains well from now on x

Poor Moses. We have had several bunnies suffering from seizures. They were either caused by EC or an ear infection. One was due to a tumour from uterine cancer spread :(

I hope Moses' was a one off and he remains well from now on x

Was there any treatment recommended by the vet? Or for repeated seizures maybe?

No the seizures themselves were never treated only the underlying cause where possible. Anti seizure drugs are pretty heavy duty so our vet feels they have to be really severe to warrant using them

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

The vet has given him and to be optics. At the moment she is unsure what caused the fit. In case it is viral he now has medication for a week. She didn't want to subject him to any test at the moment seeing as he was so scared and trembling. It would've only caused him additional stress. He was fine five seconds before the fit happened about five minutes after he was back to normal. I don't think I've been this scared in my life more than five times. Seeing him like that really make me think I was about to lose my little boy.

Should he get another fit we have to record the length of it and call the fete. They will then advise if they want to see him and do additional test or not to put him through any additional stress if it can be avoided.

Back