• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy's gone for his romantic weekend!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
I dropped Lopsy off at the rescue this morning: I had some difficulty getting him into the carrier as he decided to stay in the hutch area, not the run area, when I separated the two, but I coaxed him in and then held him down while I shut the lid. Poor thing, I bet he felt worse than I did and I was shaking afterwards! I put some extra treats in for him and the leftover bramble from overnight. Then Matt decided he needed to smell nice for his date and gave him some lavender and rose petals :love:

Lopsy’s immediate reaction to being put in the little ‘day-cage’ with Bluebell was ‘where am I and what’s this tiny cage for?!’ and Bluebell was quite interested in Lopsy. She liked him less when he became interested in her XD Then food was introduced and things calmed down. When I left, Lopsy had just sniffed Bluebell without trying to hump her :) She's about 25% bigger than him and she seems OK with her blind side, so fingers crossed for bringing them both home Monday!

I think I need a bigger carrier for them both! To the interwebs!

Everything crossed for them! Monday seems pretty quick to be bringing them home, are you finishing off the bonding yourself?

Everything crossed for them! Monday seems pretty quick to be bringing them home, are you finishing off the bonding yourself?
Yes: they went into the bunny house last night and everything seems fine: no-one died overnight ;P I don't mind doing the easy bit XD Flo at Notts Nibblers said that after a bit of attempted humping on Friday, they were fine together! If they're OK when Matt gets home later, we'll try them in the tiny run for the evening. There's been a bit of attempted humping when we were out there last night as well, but Aboleth (who was Bluebell) just jumps away and Lopsy can't be bothered to chase her! I've told him it's too hot for that sort of thing XD Will make a new thread for a full update once I have pictures: it was flash-only last night and I know Lopsy is OK with the flash but didn't want to direct it at Aboleth in case it spoked her :)

Back