• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving.

stuffi

New Kit
We have sold our house and are buying a new home 500km's away. We are going this weekend to look at new homes and will be gone overnight. I am wondering what would be less stressful for stuffi. Will it be better for her to be left at home alone overnight or to come on the long drive. If we take her with us, we will be staying in my father in laws house for the night, he has two boston terriers. The dogs would not be bunny friendly so I am worried about that and the fact she would be stressed by the dogs in his house. Not sure what to do, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Providing stuffi is well, eating & pooing properly & has no medical conditions I'd leave him. it sounds like a stressful excursion for a bunny. maybe ask a friend or neighbour to pop in & check he is ok. i leave healthy bunnies if I'm away for 24 hours or less but don't do it often.

I agree with joey&boo: as long as we could get back to them the following night, I wouldn't be too worried about leaving a healthy rabbit from one day to the next. We left Lopsy at 10am (Saturday) and saw him 6pm the following evening (Sunday), and all he'd done that was different was upend his litter tray in the past hour or two before we arrived!

I agree. Leave Stuffi where she feels safe with fresh food and water. As long as she is a fit and healthy rabbit she should be fine. You really don't need the stress of a car drive and dogs who don't know rabbits. If you have a friend locally or sensible neighbours you could ask them if they would kindly pop in to check she's ok. We did this once when we went across the water to the theatre and missed a last ferry back. Luckily they now run later and meet up with theatre goers.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the input. It looks like I will leave her here in the house. My neighbour across the way has agreed to come in and make sure she has enough food and water and is doing ok.

Agree, leave bunny at home is best, afterall how much trouble can a bunny get into in 24 hours...... Hmmm, plenty I bet! But really, I'm sure bun will be just fine.

I tend to find that's the best thing to do for short holidays, it minimises the stress to little fuzzbutt. I get one of the boys from work to come live in my house while I'm away!

Back