• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need boarding for August, and the only one I like the look of is full :(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm going away in August for two weeks, and need somewhere to board Molly. My mum is very kindly going to look after Olly and Daisy, but three were a bit too much for her last time, so I said I would put Molly in boarding. I searched on here and the find pet boarding website, and the only local-ish one that I liked the look of was Wheek and Sleep... But they are full :( don't know what to do now. I'm in East Lancs, if anyone has any bright ideas... Thanks.

It might be a little too far for you but SooZoo in Hazel Grove seems very good. I haven't used them for boarding but they have the RSPCA Manchester and Salford Rescue bunnies housed there and they do boarding too. I went to visit a few days ago and they look as though they're in very good hands :)

It might be a little too far for you but SooZoo in Hazel Grove seems very good. I haven't used them for boarding but they have the RSPCA Manchester and Salford Rescue bunnies housed there and they do boarding too. I went to visit a few days ago and they look as though they're in very good hands :)

Thanks very much for that, I haven't seen that one before :) just checked out their website, it's a definite possibility! X

Thanks very much for that, I haven't seen that one before :) just checked out their website, it's a definite possibility! X

Oh that's good! I was worried she'd be too far away for you. Fingers crossed our house visit goes well tomorrow and we'll be adopting little Ollie and there'll be a space :lol:

I adopted rabbits from Manchester and Salford RSPCA a couple of years ago and went to SooZoo to meet them (and all the other RSPCA buns!) and then pick them up. I spent a good few hours there when adopting them and the lady that runs the facility genuinely loves rabbits and you can tell that they get the best possible care with her - as if they were her own rabbits!

If she has space and you can get to her, your Molly will be in fantastic hands.

So... Wheek and sleep are full... The SAA at Sale is full... :( waiting to hear back from Soozoo. Starting to lose hope now!! There seems to be a serious shortage of good bunny boarding facilities in this area! :(

So... Wheek and sleep are full... The SAA at Sale is full... :( waiting to hear back from Soozoo. Starting to lose hope now!! There seems to be a serious shortage of good bunny boarding facilities in this area! :(

Oh no :( fingers crossed for you!

I hope you find somewhere good. I'm in East Lancs too so it'd be good to know if there is somewhere decent not a million miles away

Where are you off to on your hols? If it's in the UK could you look a bit further away from where you live to find somewhere 'enroute' as it were? Good luck with your search.

Don't know if it's anywhere near and I've never boarded there, as I'm not local, but when I got Dandy and Beano from Macclesfield rspca they were boarding at Mere Moggies, it seemed very good :thumb:

Don't know if it's anywhere near and I've never boarded there, as I'm not local, but when I got Dandy and Beano from Macclesfield rspca they were boarding at Mere Moggies, it seemed very good :thumb:

I've been there, that's where Barney came from. I can't see them allowing me to go back though, after all the 'kafuffle' last year!! Thanks though x

What about having care provided in your own home whilst you are away .. ?

I work in animal homecare and pet sitting.. I'm in West Yorkshire ( Huddersfield ) though.. if I were any nearer to you, you could book me in.

What about having care provided in your own home whilst you are away .. ?

I work in animal homecare and pet sitting.. I'm in West Yorkshire ( Huddersfield ) though.. if I were any nearer to you, you could book me in.

Thanks, my mum is actually staying at my house to look after Olly and Daisy. It was just a bit too much for her last time, with three of them, which is why I said I would board Molly somewhere. But it's looking like she won't have much choice. My poor mum is so amazing, she takes holidays from work so that I can go away.. I just feel really guilty :(

Hi there, I am not sure if you've found anywhere yet but I run a small bunny boarding and fostering business and may have some availability. It's east didsbury so on the way to Manchester airport. We only take a few at a time to ensure the best care. Indoor bunnies get their own room and outdoor have a double story 16sq ft hutch and access to fresh grass and a large run. http://www.theburrowsdidsbury.co.uk/

email theburrowsdidsbury@gmail.com with any details you have.

Many thanks

Sarah

Back