• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Worried About Harry -U/D 29th June

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Harry is my 'tripod' Bunny. He had to have his left hind leg amputated about 7 years ago after sustaining a compound fracture of his femur. Up until the end of last year Harry has coped brilliantly. But it gradually became apparent that he was having some spinal pain and also hip pain in his remaining hind leg. Consequently he has been on daily Metacam for most of this year, the dose being adjusted according to his specific needs at any given time. Over the last few weeks we have had to increase the dose to the maximum amount and we have now had to start him on Tramadol too. Harry has started to 'self harm' his stump due to nerve pain. If the Tramadol and Metacam does not help we will start him on Gabapentin on Friday. If that does not help we are out of options and I will have to let him go :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no, poor Harry. I really do have such a soft spot for the little sweetie.

I hope the new meds will help - he couldn't be in better hands xx

I'm so very sorry to read this, Jane. :( Harry is a firm favourite of mine. Having a bunny whose pain cover is always in question myself, I empathize.
Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the gabapentin brings a good outcome. ((((((((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxxxx

Im really sorry to read this Jane.I so hope the pain can be controlled with Tramadol on board too and if needed, Gabapentin.
Keeping fingers crossed for your Harry.xx

So sorry to hear this Jane, I struggle seeing Neo slightly off so I can't imagine that you are going through something worse and coping!

You are so strong and Harry has done so well.

Healing thoughts to him and soothing ones to you xx

Back