• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burberry in my studio :)

lenslady

Alpha Buck
I thought I would have a go at Photographing the Rabbits in the Studio, I only wanted to use one strobe so couldn't really use a white background. Only really managed to get burberry done today because it took about 3 hours of hard work, running around and constantly offering treats :lol:

This is his first picture and I will pop a few more on as I get through them :D

Beautiful photo :love:
Are you a professional photographer? Pardon my ignorance but what is a strobe?

Thank you :love:, I don't think I anticipated how challenging it would be :lol: The dogs are bad enough but my word the Rabbits are a different kettle of fish :shock: I am surprised that I managed to get a few decent ones for my wall at all. I'd like to make a nice collage of my 3 Buns and get a nice canvas made but we will see if I have any success with the other 2 tomorrow :lol:

I am a Professional photographer yes but I am also training to be a Photo Journalist which means I get to work on great stories and meet amazing people :love:

A strobe is a flash light. Its basically a studio light but it flashes instead of being a continuas light source and it has a model bulb inside where you can see where you want your lighting to go :D

xx

What a breathtaking photo! Though it's hard to imagine how hectic it was to get him into position as it looks so tranquil and serene!

You're job has to be so fantastic being able to do just that; meet people, hear many wonderful and heartbraking stories and to bring ti all to life

What a breathtaking photo! Though it's hard to imagine how hectic it was to get him into position as it looks so tranquil and serene!

You're job has to be so fantastic being able to do just that; meet people, hear many wonderful and heartbreaking stories and to bring ti all to life

Thank you very much for the lovely comments everyone :love: My job does have a down side because sometimes it is hard to make that connection with someone whilst being totally objective to their story. It can be extremely challenging to not let my own emotions get in the way which then becomes subjective which isn't very accepted in Journalism :roll:

Although I am a firm believer that a good Photo journalist must and should have compassion. xxx

Amazing! What treats do you use? Bellatrix is almost impossible to photograph and I squeal with happiness when I get a good shot :)

Amazing! What treats do you use? Bellatrix is almost impossible to photograph and I squeal with happiness when I get a good shot :)

Well luckily I have the crib which is what i use to weigh the buns :lol: but any basket would work and I used some Bunny Salad sprinkled inside the crib and at that moment in the shot he was just about to tuck into it :lol:
I did manage to photograph him without the crib but you can clearly see the sprinkles on the ground. I used a low iso and 1/160 of a second but because of the flash I was able to freeze him. xx

Wow amazing photograph! And a very beautiful bunny.

Whenever i try to get pictures of mine i just get lots of bunny bum shots :oops:

Awe thanks again everyone . I think it might be all about timing and getting them quickly. I set up studio around 11am and finally packed down after 4pm, so a good 4 hours of watching him and hoping and preying he would get on the backdrop so I could shoot. I haven't photographed Rabbits before in a studio environment.

I think it is best to plan a day when you want to capture your Buns. Get things prepared before hand and maybe give yourself a whole Morning/Afternoon or even allow for a full Day to photograph them. Just observe them. Allow yourself and your Buns to just relax and have fun, let them sniff the camera, get used to noises ect and definitely get down to their level, you will not only get better framed shots but the buns will be very curious and interact with you more :love: I hope that helps kosu :love:

Very nice :thumb: I want to buy me some strobes! Might have an excuse to splash out on some soon :D

Was he ok with the flash going off?

Very nice :thumb: I want to buy me some strobes! Might have an excuse to splash out on some soon :D

Was he ok with the flash going off?

Yes he was fine, I only used one with a large soft box to diffuse it and it was at least 9 metres away from the actual drop. Strobes are perfectly safe for newborns as well as pets. A lot of the time I was just observing, waiting for him to get in the right place :roll: Certainly took a lot of patience on my part :lol: xx

It is by no means perfect as i can see loads of faults with my work, I can see unwanted shadows and lots of unwanted highlights in the image, I think a 2nd light would have eliminated it and given a more even light all over but I wanted to get away with one light for this attempt to see how they were with it. xx

Back