• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mmm smells yummy!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Just given Molly a special tea to celebrate her all clear and it smells heavenly in her room now.:love:

She had fresh grass, plantain, strawberry leaves, lavender, marjoram, oregano and mint. The herbs and the lavender I have been growing specially for her, the rest was found in my garden.

She is a spoiled bunny but she deserves it after all she's been through.:love:

What are your buns having tonight?

Hawthorn and bramble from OH's walk home XD And grass, and maybe lavender if OH decides it's still in the way. And rose so we can insert the grass-bound tunnel without being hassled (distraction food)!

Your OH is very good. Mine wouldn't go foraging in a million years! Never tried Molly with hawthorn, can you buy it to grow in the garden or is it usually a wild plant, totally clueless.

ooOOOoo very tasty sounding tea for the buns. Rosie will just be having her usual hay, grass and today it's some dandelions that's been picked

its drizzling here:) My bad though for a) letting them out late & b) letting bits of the garden grow so wild I can't get to them

Your OH is very good. Mine wouldn't go foraging in a million years! Never tried Molly with hawthorn, can you buy it to grow in the garden or is it usually a wild plant, totally clueless.
He's a guerilla gardener, in the sense that he clears paths he uses (rather than 'traditional' planting in 'unused' spaces), so he clears stuff that's in the way and brings home anything rabbit-safe for the bunny :) He's 6'4" so there's often lots to clear! He likes spending time with him too :) He's a bit worried the new rabbit won't like him, but I said she would as he brings food :lol: He's usually got some sort of cutting tool in his rucksack (secateurs, a folding saw, that sort of thing!) as well as gloves.

Hawthorn is easy to grow: mine started life in my parents' garden about 20 years ago as a seedling delivered by bird poo :) We potted it up and waited for our permanent home to happen, and now it's beside the oak tree. I would expect you can find it in garden centres, but it's the usual 'hedge' in hedgerows!

Back