• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have any ideas?

HoppyPoppy

Young Bun
I've just set up Poppy's new C&C / NIC cage pen but it is not as big as I would have liked. From the picture you can see that I don't have much room either side to extend. So I wondered if anyone has any ideas on how can make it more spacious for her, also how can I make it more secure (it's a bit wobbly) as I've used cable ties and connectors.

Hi there, it's looking good though. I love how tidy it is :)

My first thought is could you add a tall table where the little cage is on the right, tall enough for bun to stretch up high or binky even, put the little cage on top and extend the pen of C&C panels around the table legs (protecting them from nibbling) and bun would have more space plus the table legs can help make the structure stronger too :)

This is assuming the cage can go onto a table, I couldn't tell from pic ;-)

Could you make it into a square so that it comes right out if you understand what I mean instead of a triangle

Hi there, it's looking good though. I love how tidy it is :)

My first thought is could you add a tall table where the little cage is on the right, tall enough for bun to stretch up high or binky even, put the little cage on top and extend the pen of C&C panels around the table legs (protecting them from nibbling) and bun would have more space plus the table legs can help make the structure stronger too :)

This is assuming the cage can go onto a table, I couldn't tell from pic ;-)

Thanks for the idea it is a great one but I an actually planning on upgrading my gerbils cage (the little cage) and so I have left room for that. I do like the idea of adding a table though, maybe I could put one in the corner and keep her litter ray underneath.
P.S it's only tidy because it'd just been setup, give it an hour or so :lol:

Could you make it into a square so that it comes right out if you understand what I mean instead of a triangle

I know what you mean, and it sounds like a good idea but then I would have very little access to my room! I was thinking maybe more vertical space, I just don't really know how to go about it as the cubes seem a little unstable. Thanks for the idea though :)

I think a puppy pen would be better - they are 2' high and quite stable. Also give your bunny somewhere private so she doesn't feel so exposed. :)

P.S it's only tidy because it'd just been setup, give it an hour or so :lol:

Hehe, yes it doesn't last long does it. I swear Basil makes it his life's mission to mess with the water bowl as soon as it's been refilled (it's one of those big, heavy m&c bowls for dogs, how does he do it?? :shock::lol:)

I think a puppy pen would be better - they are 2' high and quite stable. Also give your bunny somewhere private so she doesn't feel so exposed. :)

Thanks for the idea, but I've only just bought these cubes so I would prefer to continue using them. I will definitely give her somewhere to hide, thanks for the tip! Do you know of any ' hidey houses' that would be suitable because a lot of the ones I have seen only just look big enough for guinea pigs?

Hehe, yes it doesn't last long does it. I swear Basil makes it his life's mission to mess with the water bowl as soon as it's been refilled (it's one of those big, heavy m&c bowls for dogs, how does he do it?? :shock::lol:)

Oh no! I'm lucky enough that Poppy don't want to tip the bowl over. Basil is such a sweet name too :)

Bunny would be happy with a cardboard box to play/hide in, stuff it with hay, happy days.
Side tables make good extra levels, they are usually a good height, and if bunny can get under it too they don't lose any floor space.

I do hope that is only a temporary arrangement. It is far too small. Rabbits need as much exercise as a small dog. Would you expect a dog to live in that?

To make the c and c grids more stable I would cable tie on some garden canes (on the outside) vertically? so it has more of a frame.

I don't know about space. I am rubbish at judging it!

Back