• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone explain this behaviour?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Milo is most definitely the dominant rabbit in my pair, he will hump Finn when its time for breakfast. Usually Milo only does this when there is food on the go, breakfast time is the ''suual'' time for this.

Lately, Finn has been doing this strange thing where he follow Milo really closely and seems to be sticking his nose in Milos fur on his bum (above his tail) it usually happens once I've gotten to work and I'm watching them on bunny cam.

He sort of nudges his face into his bum and follow Milos realllly closely! :shock: He never tries to mount Milo he just does this strange nudging and following.

Its usually at an ''exciting'' moment like where there's food balls full of food rolling around.

This morning he did it for a really long time, usually its only a few seconds and he stops but this morning it went on for a few minutes and at the end there was a bit of mad circling! I really thought there might be a fight! :shock: But there wasn't, they just circled and then stopped and are now happily eating side by side in the litter tray! (there is usually a little circling at breakfast but it never amount to anything)

Strange bunnies...

Obviously I'll be keeping a close eye on them (I always do) I just wonder if anyone knows why Finn is doing this and if anyone else has experience of this?

hmm. the hair in that area is really loose and its roughly where rabbits nip to warn each other off, isn't it? maybe its a dominance thing.

Wotsit does this. She also humps Ted as soon as anyone goes into the shed, it's a dominance thing and like you said; it's always at an "exciting" time. It actually makes me really cross because Ted doesn't like it and tries to get away, and Wotsit will bite his fur and cling on :( I've considered separating them because I worry she bullies him, but then when I peek in the shed windows they're always snuggled up and grooming :lol:

Wotsit does this. She also humps Ted as soon as anyone goes into the shed, it's a dominance thing and like you said; it's always at an "exciting" time. It actually makes me really cross because Ted doesn't like it and tries to get away, and Wotsit will bite his fur and cling on :( I've considered separating them because I worry she bullies him, but then when I peek in the shed windows they're always snuggled up and grooming :lol:

It's so weird isn't it! Finn is so peaceful and when Milo humps him at breakfast time there's no reaction from him at all, he just sits there until Milo leaves him alone. It's become part of their routine I think. I always watch when he does it just in case but there's never any reaction.

Finn doesn't do this every day just now and then and it always scares me because I think they might fight, they've never ever fought. :( I mean they are happy as larry now! Like butter wouldn't melt!

Finn never actually clings on (I don't think) I'm going to check milo's skin there when I get in tonight just to be sure he's not hurting him. I don't think he is though!

Blooming rabbits eh?

My girls do this too, Sugar who is the dominant girl seems to remind Toffee she's top girl. At first after their rebond I did worry it would lead to chasing all the time and then falling out but now Toffee just hops a few spots away and carries on munching!!

Occasionally Toffee does it to Sugar but it only results in Sugar doing it back lol

my Pie does this to Rosie it ends in poor Rosie sitting tight in the corner of the litter tray for a minute or two then they go back to grooming each other surprisingly Pie always grooms Rosie first :roll: I don't get it ;)

Back