• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Separation Anxiety

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Now I know that there are a couple of old threads, but wanted some more up to date experiences or opinions.

We went away camping from early Friday until late Sunday and when we got back on Sunday night, Neo had tiny poos stuck around his bum fur, wasn't very responsive and had barely eaten. All he would really eat was a few dandelion leaves and grass I was hand feeding. Our neighbour popped in on Saturday to open the curtains and feed him.

Took him to the vets this morning and he seems absolutely fine, just a bit 'down' and 'off'... saw my rabbit savvy vet who gave some metacam and zantac incase there's any pain, along with Metoclopromide for the stimulation of the gut. As she always sees him if anything is wrong, she could really notice his odd mood too.

I've not seen him since this morning. As work have been good enough with letting me go to emergency appointments for the last few months, I couldn't ask them to let me go home at lunch as I owed them over 2 hours which I worked back today.

We're attempting another bond this weekend and hopefully if it IS some sort of anxiety then it will be helped by having a friend...

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Adding here that we went away for a week to Cornwall and Mum popped in for 45 mins at lunch, and again after work and for the first 2-3 days he wasn't very active and seemed quite unbothered about her. Day 4ish he was coming up to her for strokes etc so I'm wondering if it's the sudden introduction of one person he doesn't 'know' properly causing this. However, we had a friend pop in for 2 days about 4 months ago and he was fine...

Hoping he's poo'd by the time I'm home as if he hasn't there's going to be panic all over again!!!

Sorry to hear this, no experience with rabbits but we have a cat who refuses to look at or come near us for around 2 weeks after we've been away. He'll only eat when we aren't looking. We don't go away much!

Hope Neo has eaten now and is settling down.

He's still acting weird, hasn't done any poos yet so critical care it will be shortly...

Could he not show his annoyance with biting instead?!

Back