• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That judgement call

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Where you wake up to a bunny who has aggravated the arthritis in her spine and is very reluctant to walk, is eating and pooing but in a great deal of pain.

Vets involves an unknown, traveling (which equates to more pain), no more meds they can give and being admitted.

Being at home means comfort, eating, familiarity, lower stress levels but no supervision for three and a half hours. 'What if she gets worse and no one is here'.

I think I'm batting towards number two but no choice is a great choice.

I can't help with your decision, but sending coping vibes for you.

I'm sorry your bun is in pain xxx

Sending you all the vibes I can for something to work out. I can understand the dilemma. (((((Hugs)))))
Thinking of you and bunny. xxxxxxx

Where you wake up to a bunny who has aggravated the arthritis in her spine and is very reluctant to walk, is eating and pooing but in a great deal of pain.

Vets involves an unknown, traveling (which equates to more pain), no more meds they can give and being admitted.

Being at home means comfort, eating, familiarity, lower stress levels but no supervision for three and a half hours. 'What if she gets worse and no one is here'.

I think I'm batting towards number two but no choice is a great choice.

So sorry to hear this. I think your choice of number two is what I would do, given what you've said ...

Maybe a heat pad and favourite treats at home, and phone the vet for advice?
What would she gain from travelling to the vet if they can't give more meds and are aware of her condition?

Looks like she will have to be pts.

I am sorry I missed your thread this morning Tracy. I am having a similar 'judgement call' issue with a very arthritic Rabbit. I know you will make the right decision for your Bun, you always do xx

I'm so very sorry, Sky-O. :cry:
You are in my thoughts. (((((Hugs))))) I wish there was something more I could do. xxxxx

Im so sorry to hear that this happened to both of you today.
Sky-O: You made the right choice for her, as awful as it is to lose her.
Wishing you all peace and love.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time x

So sorry Sky-O. Always such a hard decision when the body is failing but the spirit remains bright, but it was the right one.

Thinking of you xxx

I'm with everyone, I'm so sorry to hear to both of you Sky-O and Jacks-Jane, but as everyone said you definitely make the right choices.

Back