• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've got a new pen - let me out of here !!

RosemaryG

Warren Scout
So after spending all day taking the old pen apart and putting together the lovely new indoor pen from Boyles, Tallulah is trying to find every which way to escape from it.

Here is the pen before it left Daniel's workshop - you can see that he has put a lid over the platform to prevent her from jumping out but unfortunately, it hasn't stopped her trying. The sides are 1m high and she's only little but very determined.

She had discovered that if she is half way up the ramp, she can jump up from there and has managed to get her front paws on the ledge before dropping back down and has also tried at the other end of the pen jumping up the solid wood panel, she hasn't tried the mesh end yet, but give her time !!

Daniel put a guard along the platform to stop them falling or slipping off but that hasn't stopped her and she now jumps down over it. Its a drop of 50 cm on to non-slip vinyl but I worry she will hurt herself, she has also tried to jump up onto the side of the ramp, over the guard there.

So far, I've had to resort to using tie wraps to secure puppy panels along the top and side of the pen, not really the look I was after though, think I'll be calling Daniel in the morning !!

After a hard day running around in the garden, they're both worn out now - I know how they feel !!!

That looks really functional I think the word is and don't worry they always give new things very stringent tests, just to make sure!

Wow that is fantastic! I've been looking into Boyles pens instead of the outdoor set up i was considering. Bun will be very happy in there. xx

I love that pen, but I can imagine it's a bit stressful for you right now. hope that Daniel may have a more permanent solution for you, or that they stop doing it. you finding them able to walk on the shelf easy enough? I have a shelf build for my pen too, but since both mine don't seem to be able to walk on anything other than carpet much, I am trying to get something to cover it up for them to walk easier on it.
hope it all gets sorted out to your satisfaction in the end, it's a stressful enough time as is, so hopefully all will work out soon. hope you update us with some pics of them using the pen proper soon. :)

What if you asked him to make a second roof panel to attach alongside the existing one? That should do the trick I think. I love my Boyle's pen and yours is a great size and design. Lucky buns! :D

Back