• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Molly

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
He is booked in for vets on tuesday but i think it's mostly age things. He'll be 10 in august.
Lately he seems like he can't see things unless you put them right under his nose and then He jumps a bit. He can navigate around easily but usually sits in one of his favourite places. His appetite has been good for pellets but he is not enthusiastic about other food at the moment.

Today I had them out in the garden. He came out of the box and sat dozing in his usual space but when i picked him up to come in he was burying his face in my arm and i noticed after it was all wet so i'm thinking he needs teeth checked.

He's always been really healthy. Never been to the vets for anything except vacs and neuter.

Oops, posted in wrong place!

Last edited:
He may have developed cataracts which would impede his vision. His reduced activity could be due to arthritis and/or the fact that he cannot see as well as he used to. The wet mouth could well be Dental related, especially given the fact that he is only eating pellets now.

Any chance that you could get him to the Vet tomorrow ?

Sending vibes for him xx

I'm sorry to hear, I agree with Jack's-Jane, maybe try to get him seen to as soon as possible or even explain his situation and see if they feel it needs to be as soon as or if it can wait?

Thanks jane,
I've reported my post for a mod to move to rabbit chat btw.
He is still eating everything by the way, but you have to put it right in front of him, which is making me think cataracts. I think i can see a milkyness, but could be imagining it. He isn't scanning, i've had a partially sighted bunny before so know to try and keep everything in the same place for him etc. I am aware that dribbling is a sign of dental problems but since he is still eating his normal amount i'm not going to make an emergency appointment and my vets only had one appointment at 3pm on monday and i'm not able to leave work at that time unfortunately.

i suppose my worry is more general over the fact that it's hitting home that he wont be here forever. I was intending to post in rabbit chat as opposed to health, but didn't look properly. :)

He is booked in for vets on tuesday but i think it's mostly age things. He'll be 10 in august.
Lately he seems like he can't see things unless you put them right under his nose and then He jumps a bit. He can navigate around easily but usually sits in one of his favourite places. His appetite has been good for pellets but he is not enthusiastic about other food at the moment.

Today I had them out in the garden. He came out of the box and sat dozing in his usual space but when i picked him up to come in he was burying his face in my arm and i noticed after it was all wet so i'm thinking he needs teeth checked.

He's always been really healthy. Never been to the vets for anything except vacs and neuter.

Oops, posted in wrong place!

I hope you can get a vet's appointment for him tomorrow. It sounds very much like a mouth/dental issue.

Back