• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Conti Growth Question

lenslady

Alpha Buck
Burberry my conti is hitting 12 weeks on Wednesday.
He is putting on weight but I don't seem to notice him growing much. Gypsy however our Frenchie is 18 weeks next week and she must be having a massive growth spurt because she is huge and chunky and kinda makes Burberry look a lot smaller. I am not sure whether it's her getting bigger or he just isn't growing as quick. He has grown of course but not in large amounts. How long do Conti's grow for? also do they have spurts of growth?

He eats loads and is very active, a lot more active than the French Lops.
Just wanted some advice from the Conti owners and how your conti's grew over time. He is almost 5lb's in weight atm. xx

Hi

They certainly have growth spurts and they grow until about 18m.

I have some photos at 12 wks:

Hope they give you some idea. I'm not sure how much he weighed then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi

They certainly have growth spurts and they grow until about 18m.

I have some photos at 12 wks:

Awe thank you for that, it helps a lot :love:. Hector is certainly an exception but do you recall roughly how much he weighed back then? Burberry is just under 5 lbs, at 4 lbs 12.6 oz. Gypsy has gone up to 7 lbs 3 oz, so you can imagine she looks a lot bigger. It might be that he is not in a growth spurt. He may even be one of the smaller con ti's. My daughter inlaw told me his parents were massive although i have never seen them. xx

Sorry, just edited about his weight. I don't recall I'm afraid.

The thing the grew the slowest was the length of his body when I look back on photos. It's also right that Hector is towards the bigger range for his breed!!

From your photos though, Burberry looks like a healthy chap :love:

P.s. Those photos were from his first night at home on what I was told was his favourite towel :love:

Sorry, just edited about his weight. I don't recall I'm afraid.

The thing the grew the slowest was the length of his body when I look back on photos. It's also right that Hector is towards the bigger range for his breed!!

From your photos though, Burberry looks like a healthy chap :love:

Thank you :love: It is also burberrys torso length that doesn't seem to grow much but my mum has said he does seem a bit longer. I don't really notice being with him all the time. He is a very healthy, happy little chap. I don't think i can feed him anymore than i already am as he has 2 meals of rabbit royale, unlimited pellets and hay which he eats. He does selective feed his Rabbit Royale but he has the pellets to compensate for that. He is currently on SS junior pellets. Should I keep him on the junior or maybe change to the adult? xxx

SS pellets are definitely good. They suit Hector's digestion much better than the excel he used to have.

I switched to Adult relatively quickly but I think he was about 16-18 weeks. :)

SS pellets are definitely good. They suit Hector's digestion much better than the excel he used to have.

I switched to Adult relatively quickly but I think he was about 16-18 weeks. :)

Thank you :love: xx

Burberry is starting to get a fatter face and his cheeks are getting puffier :lol: I love Hectors Chubby Cheeks! :love:

Burberry is starting to get a fatter face and his cheeks are getting puffier :lol: I love Hectors Chubby Cheeks! :love:

Thank you :)

This is his first venture upstairs a few days later!

(Sorry, but most of my early photos of his are just phone snaps :( )
b

This is his first venture upstairs a few days later!

(Sorry, but most of my early photos of his are just phone snaps :( )
b

He is adorable, I love Hector. He looks double the size of Burberry even at 12 weeks:love:

I will have a look through my vet stuff later, will hopefully find some weights written down for Barney.

I would very much appreciate that, thank you :love:

I hope the "stairs" photo gives you an idea of how short their bodies are compared to, firstly, everything else and secondly, how long they end up though!!

Even if it is all relative to whether they are big for breed or small, Burberry will have lots and lots of growing to do. As I recall, the growth was definitely in spurts. One day he'd be able to jump up on something easily and the next he'd topple off because he hadn't allowed enough room for all of him!! :lol:

I hope the "stairs" photo gives you an idea of how short their bodies are compared to, firstly, everything else and secondly, how long they end up though!!

Even if it is all relative to whether they are big for breed or small, Burberry will have lots and lots of growing to do. As I recall, the growth was definitely in spurts. One day he'd be able to jump up on something easily and the next he'd topple off because he hadn't allowed enough room for all of him!! :lol:

Great advice, thank you. I wouldn't say Burberry is very much smaller but defo not as bulkier as Hector in your stairs picture. I wished i would have got the chance to see his parents as it would have given me a good idea. :love:

According to his vaccination booklet he was 1.56kg (3.4lbs) at 8 weeks. Unfortunately, I don't have another weight down until the year after where he was 5.5kgs! You may find Burberry will suddenly bulk up once it gets cooler for the winter months.

According to his vaccination booklet he was 1.56kg (3.4lbs) at 8 weeks. Unfortunately, I don't have another weight down until the year after where he was 5.5kgs! You may find Burberry will suddenly bulk up once it gets cooler for the winter months.

Chloe was 1.74kg at 10 weeks.

Thank you :love: I didn't weigh burberry at 8 weeks but weighed him for the past 2 weeks

10 and 11 weeks

12/06/2015 - 4.lb's, 6.0z

16/06/2015 – 4.lbs, 9.0z

21/06/2015 – 4 lbs, 12.5 oz

So it would be about right i think. Thank you :love:

Bo-Jangles and gypsy seem to gain more at the same rate as I weigh burberry but they are Frenchies. He tends to gain around 3-4 oz each time whereas the Frenchies will gain around 5-6 oz's xx

I think they are just different breeds with different builds so probably won't grow at the same time if that makes sense. :lol: My conti's did not stop growing until 1`8m so you have a while to go yet.:)

Back