• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside the box...

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
I'm worried that Sylar is getting bored :( He is clever and mischievous and he's always getting where be shouldn't be. He chews everything, digs everything, jumps everywhere...! He even throws tantrums! I've tried making him toys but he just rips them apart after a minute or two. I've tried making him 'treat parcels' that will 'keep him entertained for hours' but they last about 30 seconds! Haha!

He is a sweet boy but i think he just needs a bit more stimulation! He has the whole of upstairs to live in with his brother (who's an absolute angel!) but he just seems bored at times!

Has anyone got any enrichment ideas that are a bit different? Preferably ideas that don't involve cardboard, he tends to eat it all! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My Julie was a busy bunny. She loved toys that she could throw or dump stuff out, treat balls that she had to roll to get her pellets out of. She loved small balls that she could pick up and toss. She loved to forage. I would hide greens in her hay with herbs in her gay and all over the house. She became so use to the game that she would search or roll the ball even if nothing was in it. She also loved picking hervown grass from a pot and digging boxes and tunnels.

Hah! Glad I'm not the only one with a little horror on the loose.

Things I have done over time to help keep Rosie entertained includes rotating different things so she isn't repeating a lot of the same over and over, otherwise she gets bored, so I tend to have different puzzles etc at different times.

As she is in the house and doesn't eat cardboard I do have loads of hide holds with different digging materials; old clothing that was going to be binned, old towels, soil mixtures etc and also some pots with grasses in them hidden about the place. Can replicate changing cardboard for something else maybe? It's a daily task with the bonus of them doubling as a hidey hole or three.

Also have make up little treats with the idea of them being hidden though, rather than a puzzle in themselves and pretty much done in the way bunnyotes mentions.

If he loves to be climbing/jumping then can you invest in a cat tower or DIY up some multi-layers for him to have some added entertainment?

Plastic tubes with stuff hidden in them? Like cardboard tubes stuffed with hay (and treats/pellets), but made of something harder wearing. I found a tube of plastic which looked like it was designed for water that I made tubes for Lopsy out of (still not rinsed them out!) and that seemed quite hardwearing :)

Back