• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet carrier for a giant

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
What pet carrier do you recommend for transporting a french lop? Please could you link me to good ones that aren't too expensive? Thank you!

Ooh this is brilliant, I've been mulling over which pet carrier to get for Mavis my giant. I had borrowed one of those metal dog crates but it was so heavy with Mavis in that it wasn't manageable.
Safe to say if Hector fits in the large size of this one, every other bun will! :lol:

I'll just double check on the measurements for you.

It's a bit of a compromise because he fits in (just) and it's ok for a short journey (quite snug) but I can lift it too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an older version but mine is about 60 x 30 x 40. As I say, it's snug and he can't periscope for the short trip to the vet but he also stays "fixed" in position when seat-belted in. :)

DO you think this would be big enough for a french lop?

60 x 30 x 40 is big enough "just" for a big conti. However, the journey to our vet is only 10 mins. My Frenchie had this carrier before Hector too :)

How do you lift it?! And how does it work when the bun pees in the car?! :oops:

haha I put a towel in which usually catches any wee. But yes you caught me out there I usually have to make sure my dad or husband can go with me to carry them. Two in a crate weighs quite a bit. :lol:

Back