• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back to the vets tomorrow - wish us luck!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Tomorrow Molly comes to the end of her six week course of antibiotics for chronic lung disease so she is back to the vets for a check up.

About 3 weeks into her treatment she seemed much much better. Running round, binkying, asking for cuddles, playing with the children and generally acting like a rabbit half her age, she's nearly 9. But this last week or so it's been not so good. She is eating, drinking and pooping wonderfully but that's it. The rest of the time she just sits in a corner. To say that a rabbit is being 'quiet' seems like a daft thing to say but that best describes it.

Not sure what the vet will want to do now and I don't really want to put her through anymore procedures/investigations at the mo. Just want her to get better but am starting to think she won't.:cry:

Please could we have a top up of the wonderful vibes you all gave us before, they meant a lot.:love:

Doesn't sound daft, I know what you mean! :)

Sending love and vibes and I really do hope it all goes well tomorrow

Tomorrow Molly comes to the end of her six week course of antibiotics for chronic lung disease so she is back to the vets for a check up.

About 3 weeks into her treatment she seemed much much better. Running round, binkying, asking for cuddles, playing with the children and generally acting like a rabbit half her age, she's nearly 9. But this last week or so it's been not so good. She is eating, drinking and pooping wonderfully but that's it. The rest of the time she just sits in a corner. To say that a rabbit is being 'quiet' seems like a daft thing to say but that best describes it.

Not sure what the vet will want to do now and I don't really want to put her through anymore procedures/investigations at the mo. Just want her to get better but am starting to think she won't.:cry:

Please could we have a top up of the wonderful vibes you all gave us before, they meant a lot.:love:

How did Molly get on with her check up ? I hope Gill was able to help xx

Thanks for asking Jane I had forgotten to update the thread. Gill was pleased with her, breathing normally, well hydrated and maintaining a healthy weight. I told Gill my worries about Molly seeming quieter than normal so she prescribed metacam to see if perhaps she's hurting somewhere. It seems to be working, much brighter today.

I really thought we were going to lose her to this illness but she seems to have some fight in her yet. Quite amazing when you think about how she spent the first 4 years of her life. We are so lucky to have a vet like Gill.

Thanks for asking Jane I had forgotten to update the thread. Gill was pleased with her, breathing normally, well hydrated and maintaining a healthy weight. I told Gill my worries about Molly seeming quieter than normal so she prescribed metacam to see if perhaps she's hurting somewhere. It seems to be working, much brighter today.

I really thought we were going to lose her to this illness but she seems to have some fight in her yet. Quite amazing when you think about how she spent the first 4 years of her life. We are so lucky to have a vet like Gill.

I am really glad that Molly's check up went well. Yes, having a Vet we can trust helps so much. Gill did Morse's abdominal ultrasound xx

Great news :thumb:

Having someone you can trust with your rabbits is amazing. Makes the world of difference!

Back