• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting ready for vet visit for general check up for new boy etc

FredW

Alpha Buck
OK time for me to start getting ready to take my girl and her new husbun to the vet. She's due her vaccination and general check-up, and I'm getting him looked over too. He seems very happy and healthy, binking around, causing mischief, so hopefully all will be just fine. but you just never know with rescue ones there could be some underlined issues no one new about at the time, so fingers crossed all is ok and he's in good health too. never like vet visits, cause I know they don't like it. oh well, here I go... time to get myself and buns ready.

Good luck at the vets - try & be as relaxed as possible - I think they absorb some of our stress. Have you named him yet?

yeah trying to be relaxed, it's ok, I know she's really healthy, so it's just him, but he seems fine. so i'll just trust all will be good.
as for names. well I really wanted to go with Clyde for him, as in Bunny and Clyde, but he didn't respond to it at all and it didn't stick, however we've been calling him fluffy while deciding on a name, as he's so fluffy, and it seems to stick as he comes already when I call fluffy, so looks like he picked his own name. I guess that's probably what we stick with, but who knows. :)

all went well, both healthy bunnies, got his micro chip number now, so can register him to this address. she only has one of her teeth that's getting a bit sharper, but he didn't feel it looks like it will cause any issues as long as she continues to eat hay and stuff, so yeah overall it went very well. had her microchipped at the same time, so they both are done now. just wonder... how does it work, forgot to ask the vet, do they register the chip or do I somehow? thought I'd ask here first, rather then calling them again. :)

all went well, both healthy bunnies, got his micro chip number now, so can register him to this address. she only has one of her teeth that's getting a bit sharper, but he didn't feel it looks like it will cause any issues as long as she continues to eat hay and stuff, so yeah overall it went very well. had her microchipped at the same time, so they both are done now. just wonder... how does it work, forgot to ask the vet, do they register the chip or do I somehow? thought I'd ask here first, rather then calling them again. :)

Pleased they are both healthy :). When I got Mouse chipped last month the vets registered her & I got follow up email few days later. I'd wait to see if you get any correspondence after a week or so & if not give your vets a call

Pleased they are both healthy :). When I got Mouse chipped last month the vets registered her & I got follow up email few days later. I'd wait to see if you get any correspondence after a week or so & if not give your vets a call

awesome, thanks for that, shall wait and see what happens. :)

Back