• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits.... why are they so selfish!!!!

moi

Mama Doe
Or is it just mine :) I scatter the pellets and I find that the more dominant of both pairs go for the pellets that the other one is going for! x

No it's not just yours.... I've just given my 5 a fenugreek crunchie each for bedtime, and before they have even finished the one they are eating, they chase round to see if they can steal one from somebun else! Bunnies eh! :lol:

I tell you if they were humans we would have serious fallings out! lol x I just tried 2 piles.... and spent 5 mins trying to stop Peggy from pinching Tonics. Tonic got stressed with me interfering so wouldnt eat till I bogged off and then Pegs went straight for his food x

Nope not just yours! I put a pile of a herbs down and almost every time they end up tug-of-warring over the same piece despite being a while pile of them below their nose :roll: it even happens with hay, which ever bit the other one is eating must be the best bit and therefore it must be stolen directly out of their mouths... of course the other one just steals it directly back again :lol:

They want ALL of them, they don't want to share what they think should also be theirs :lol: So eating the other one's first ensures they get twice as much! ;) They may be selfish but they're smart lol.

:lol: My Stu is a gent takes his own treat and is very happy now Casserole will taken his treat put it down and ask for another :lol: monkey

But with their pellets my dish is long enough for two heads so no fighting has there is plenty of room :roll:

When there were three they did have a round bowl and took turns in dipping in :D

I have no idea what 4 will do :shock:

With the quad Frosty chases all the others then tucks in. They have all now learned that I make five piles of hay (during the chase fest) and scatter five lots of pellets into the hay and onto the chasers!

They quickly settle down to their munching. Usually two per litter tray but Tessie will often hide away and get the pile inside the (doorless) hutch.

Mottle has to have me standing guard over him whilst he eats pellets as Peaches tries to bulldoze him out of the way. She is rather ... plump so is on hay only. She is NOT impressed.

Sunshine always tries to chase mum away but I do the four piles of hay with scattered pellets in trick and they now go to their fave. locations to eat - Autumn in the shed and Sunshine in the run.

I can tell Archimedes is settling down because I was doling out alfalfa hay cubes and every time I tried to give one to Elphie, he stole it. :lol:

Back