• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jake is taking a trip to the vets this afternoon

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Noticed the past few days he has been sneezing regularly, no discharge or runny eyes. Then yesterday I heard him making snuffly noises while grooming/eating and he's started washing his nose/face after sneezing so I think there may be some discharge but he wipes it away before I can look. :( Thank fully beano and Gordon are fine, Boris suffered from pasturella and it didn't affect beano or Gordon where they were kept outside and he was kept indoors. All he needed was one long course of antibiotics and that helped keep things comfortable for him so I hope it will be similar for Jake.

Noticed the past few days he has been sneezing regularly, no discharge or runny eyes. Then yesterday I heard him making snuffly noises while grooming/eating and he's started washing his nose/face after sneezing so I think there may be some discharge but he wipes it away before I can look. :( Thank fully beano and Gordon are fine, Boris suffered from pasturella and it didn't affect beano or Gordon where they were kept outside and he was kept indoors. All he needed was one long course of antibiotics and that helped keep things comfortable for him so I hope it will be similar for Jake.

Oh Liz, poor Jake!

Good luck a the vets - I hope he gets on well :wave:

Thank you :) The vet didn't think it was anything to be too concerned about, as we've only seen a very small amount of discharge and it wasn't very white (more clear) which would indicate bacteria so we have a course of antibiotics just in case and hopefully that'll sort him out.

Thank you :) The vet didn't think it was anything to be too concerned about, as we've only seen a very small amount of discharge and it wasn't very white (more clear) which would indicate bacteria so we have a course of antibiotics just in case and hopefully that'll sort him out.

:thumb:

That puts your mind at rest and hopefully he will be OK ongoing!

Back