• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Around Issues.

Milo2015

Warren Scout
I found it so hard to put it all together!

I managed to get one door on but really couldn't do up the nuts and bolts, had to use all the wing nuts instead and have just ordered wing nuts from e bay so I fix the tunnels and the door on the hutch.

However that will have to wait till next weekend now.

I am gutted.

Has any one else had this issue. It does say on the instructions it is good to have someone help so I guess me being alone was the problem. My fingers are killing me! Once I used the wing nuts instead it was easy peasy so I think it will work ok eventually. Milo and Penny will just have to wait another week.

Still, so annoyed with myself!

Yes, I think that is what they are called. I only got one on!

I am assuming wing nuts can't be undone by foxes so it will be ok with wing nuts.

So glad I am not the only one, how did you do it in the end? Did you just persevere?

I find that it depends where you install it as to how hard it is - in my shed I find it fairly easy to do up myself but on my run it's impossible!

The tube becomes a lot less stiff over time... I found that that contributed at the beginning to how tough it was to do up. You do definitely get the knack and the tube becomes much easier too.

Yes I just persevered. I agree it depends where they are, as you can't always get good access to get a good angle on them. I would imagine the wing nuts would be okay.

I really struggled last week to tighten up the screws and bolts on my own, so asked a friend. When she had gone I discovered we had screwed the hinge bit the wrong way round so couldn't slide the tunnel in! I managed to force the tunnel in and then gave up as it started raining. The buns have been using it constantly and it hasn't fallen apart yet, despite loose screws! There used to be a really good video on you Tube but Runaround have taken it off, I was depending on it as useless at diy.:lol:

I'm ashamed to say I had someone in to do mine - he didn't really have a problem, I think I'd have really struggled :oops:

Yes I struggled too, I had 6 to fit in total, it took me 2 whole days ! My fingers were very sore and the air turned blue ! I think wing nuts would be much better. I still think it's a fantastic set up though- buns love it !

I have the welfare hutch connection kits. They have wing nuts.

Edited to add that there we two of us fixing it and it took bl***y ages!

Last edited:
Your answers made me very happy this morning, so glad I am not the only one! I am 100 percent sure it is a great system but I am going wait for my wing nuts :)

When I assembled mine, I fastened the connection together loosely and then holding the lock nuts still with a pair of thin-nosed pliers and then tightened the screw into the nut using a screwdriver. It is easier than trying to use a spanner to tighten the lock nuts.

Edit: It would help if our arms were 1ft longer though. :lol:

Last edited:
It so would be great if I had extendable arms!

So the saga continues as the wing nuts I ordered from E bay were the wrong size! I need to go to homebase today and get some smaller ones.........then hopefully it should be all systems go!

X

It so would be great if I had extendable arms!

So the saga continues as the wing nuts I ordered from E bay were the wrong size! I need to go to homebase today and get some smaller ones.........then hopefully it should be all systems go!

X

If I remember the bolts are a fine thread as well, so I would recommend that you take the bolts with you.

Back