• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have the Bunny Throne from MPH?

FredW

Alpha Buck
Hi, just wondering if anyone has the Bunny Throne from MPH http://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/bunny-throne-2
I have two Ikea beds for my bunnies right now, but they just chew it to pieces. Well my new boy does, so now my girl started doing the same, was perfectly fine with it for months and months, now they both chew it all day long, maybe their way of bonding lol.... anyway, looking at alternatives for the actual pen area they are in when I am not around, so tempted to get the Bunny Throne. Just wonder if anyone has it, and if so, would it be possible to get the measurements from the actual board/bed part, so I can get a little "mattress" made for it. since of course the website only gives the size of the whole thing, not the actual laying area part.

I think it might be risky if they are already chewing the Ikea beds to pieces - at least they are cheap and possibly replaceable. Having said that the MPH stuff looks really substantial and might be more chew resistant. Hmmm, not helping am I? My lot don't chew their Ikea beds at all but I do love the MPH stuff.

lol. well it's funny how my girl didn't chew the Ikea bed at all before, now he does it, she does it too. I did get a hay feeder from them that they could supply within a few days as he chewed through her old one, waiting for the proper one to come when they are back open, so only got the budget one right now, and it's so thick he's not having any luck chewing it, so that's why I thought I try the beds as well. that said, who knows with those two. :)

I've just read this thread & looked at the bunny throne link, but what do the ikea beds look like that you mention?

I don't have the throne (yet!) but I do have a couple of activity tables and ramps from them. Ferg isn't the biggest chewer but he's had a go at the table legs and the ramps and they're surviving pretty well! The wood from there is quite sturdy BUT if they're completely ruining stuff I'd probably stick with ikea stuff... I love MPH but they aren't cheap! :lol:

Kipper, that's the bed from Ikea http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40086351/ it's good if they are not big chewers, was fine for Bunbuns, but Fluffy chews everything, so it doesn't last as the wood is very soft. I did get the MPH tree to try out, and he is not able to chew that to pieces as the wood is very hard and much stronger. so it's great stuff from them, just need to wait for my big feeder, bed and table I ordered since :)

Back