• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Giants ever periscope?

Karen's

Mama Doe
It just occurred to me that I've never seen my English giant periscope. My other regular buns do it on a fairly regular basis but not Mavis. She washes on her two back legs just fine, and can reach up the fence or garden bench, and jumps just fine, but no periscopes. I expect she has less need to being a giant, but I would think she would occasionally, but no.
So, do Giants periscope?

My baby Contis do! Granted they're only babies so that could change as they grow up, but it's something else being sat on the sofa and a head just pops up between two sofas about 2ft high. O_O

It just occurred to me that I've never seen my English giant periscope. My other regular buns do it on a fairly regular basis but not Mavis. She washes on her two back legs just fine, and can reach up the fence or garden bench, and jumps just fine, but no periscopes. I expect she has less need to being a giant, but I would think she would occasionally, but no.
So, do Giants periscope?

I have only seen Burberry do a periscope 2 times and he is a Conti, my french Lop's do it a lot ;) Especially my little 8 week old. xx

Yes!!

Although Hector doesn't do it for very long and/or puts his front paws on something for stability. You see his back feet working quite hard to remain stable otherwise!! He does it, as most bunnies do, to have a look. However, he can easily see most things given his size anyhow I guess so it isn't often. :lol:

A "sort of" periscope here....

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=444333

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Moley periscopes everyday I see him doing it a lot... He especially does it at breakfast and dinner. Like Hector he prefers to have something to lean on but regularly does so without anything there :love:

Moley periscopes everyday I see him doing it a lot... He especially does it at breakfast and dinner. Like Hector he prefers to have something to lean on but regularly does so without anything there :love:

Awwwww, his leg must be as good as new to allow him too!! :love:

Awwwww, his leg must be as good as new to allow him too!! :love:

I will get a picture of him tomorrow doing a periscope..... :) honestly you wouldn't know anything about his leg, if you didn't know!!! Lol if you know what I mean?! Hope the gorgeous Hector is doing well :love:

Well would you believe it, Mavis just did a periscope in the garden having a bit of free range time! I honestly believe that is the first proper one I've seen her do, only lasted a second but it was definitely a periscope!
So now I can answer my own question, and yes they do!
Thanks for your replies everyone. :thumb:

Back